Hijackthis log-have malware or virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sclady

I can't get rid of Spyware Secure. I have a feeling that I have more problems, but I'm not sure. Can someone help me please?

There are few others on there as well.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach this log with your reply
    • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

----------------------------------------------------------------

Download\install 'SuperAntiSpyware Home Edition Free Version' from HERE
  • Launch SuperAntiSpyware and click on 'Check for updates'.
  • Once the updates have been installed,exit SuperAntiSpyware.

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Scan with SuperAntiSpyware
  • Start SuperAntiSpyware.
  • On the main screen click on 'Scan your computer'.
  • Check: 'Perform Complete Scan then Click 'Next' to start the scan.
  • Superantispyware will now scan your computer,when it's finished it will list all/any infections found.
  • Make sure everything found has a checkmark next to it,then press 'Next'.
  • Click on 'Finish' when you've done.

It's possible that the program will ask you to reboot in order to delete some files.

Obtain the SuperAntiSpyware log as follows:
    Click on 'Preferences'.
    Click on the 'Statistics/Logs' tab.
    Under 'Scanner Logs' double click on 'SuperAntiSpyware Scan Log'.
    It will then open in your default text editor,such as Notepad.
    Attach the notepad file here on your next reply

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attach both logs and a fresh Hijackthis ran after

have attached logs please help

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I've had a real hard time getting the Internet and my computer to work. Spyware Secure I still there.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    16.7 KB · Views: 6
can someone please help.

I'm sorry for being impatient, but I can't do anythng without Spyware secure popping up. My computer is running very very slow. I need to get it straightened out because I use my computer for college classes on-line.

Remove bad HijackThis entries
  • Run HijackThis
  • Click on the System Scan Only button
  • Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {BE0027FB-31FF-4661-82BC-83ADCEF28F0F} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: TBSB04757 - {FCBCCB87-9224-4B8D-B117-F56D924BEB18} - C:\Program Files\Freeze.com Toolbar\freeze_us.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
    O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)
  • Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
  • Click on the "Fix Checked" button
  • When completed, close the application.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTMoveit2 by OldTimer
Please download the OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

Code:
    [b]C:\Program Files\Freeze.com Toolbar
    C:\windows\system32\ALCXMNTR.EXE[/b]
  • Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the "Paste List of Files/Folders to Move" window (under the light Yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • A log of files and folders moved will be created in the c:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder in the form of Date and Time (mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log). Please open this log in Notepad and post its contents in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt2
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download and Run ATF Cleaner
Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune to your desktop.

Double-click ATF Cleaner.exe to open it.

Under Main choose:
Windows Temp
Current User Temp
All Users Temp
Cookies
Temporary Internet Files
Prefetch
Java Cache

*The other boxes are optional*
Then click the Empty Selected button.

Firefox or Opera:
Click Firefox or Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update your Java Runtime Environment
  • First try going to Start -> Control Panel -> double click Java
  • Select the Update Tab at the top of the Java console
  • Click the Check for Updates button at the bottom
  • If it finds the newer version (Java 6 Update 7) Follow the on screen instructions (uncheck the yahoo toolbar option)
  • After it installs the newest version Go back to Control Panel -> Add/remove programs (programs and features in vista)
  • Uninstall any older versions of Java

If for some reason you couldn't update through the above instructions.
Update your Java Runtime Environment
  • Click the following link
    Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 7
  • The 5th option down is the one you want (click Download)
  • Check the box to agree to terms of service
  • Check the box for your operating system and click 'Download selected'at the bottom
  • After the install Go to Start-> Control Panel-> add/remove programs (Programs and features), and uninstall any old versions
  • Navigate to C:\programfiles\Java -> delete any subfolders except the jre1.6.0_07 folder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run Kaspersky Online AV Scanner

Order to use it you have to use Internet Explorer.
Go to Kaspersky and click the Accept button at the end of the page.

Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license accepted, reset to 100%.
  • Read the Requirements and limitations before you click Accept.
  • Allow the ActiveX download if necessary.
  • Once the database has downloaded, click Next.
  • Click on "My Computer"
  • When the scan has completed, click Save Report As...
  • Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
  • Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.
Attach the report into your next reply

Attach the OTMoveit2! log with kaspersky log

logs are attached

I ran the OTMoveit2 and noticed that it could not find one of the files. I did locate it later. It was a hidden file but was in windows/system32/dvstore. Do I need to go back and use OTMoveit2 to remove it, now that I've found the location?

I also noticed that the Kaspersky log showed something that was downloaded with HijackThis.

i have attached both logs. For some reason my internet is coming up unexpectedly. i also still have Spyware Secure sending popups about my security.

hijackthis didn't download that - it was a backup from what we removed

OTMoveit2 by OldTimer
[*] Please double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
[*]Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

Code:
[b]C:\Windows\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\aolback\Comps\toolbar
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\backups\backup-20080716-193405-809.dll[/b]

[*] Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the "Paste List of Files/Folders to Move" window (under the light Yellow bar) and choose Paste.
[*]Click the red Moveit! button.
[*]A log of files and folders moved will be created in the c:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder in the form of Date and Time (mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log). Please open this log in Notepad and post its contents in your next reply.
[*]Close OTMoveIt2
[/list]If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Also please attach a fresh hijackthis log

trying to post logs

My computer keeps getting stuck every time I try to post the logs. I will try again. Spyware Secure is popping up more frequently now.

These make me nervous - I think you should fix them after a hijackthis scan but am going to leave it up to you - it may be your desktop pictures

O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://curric.spartanburg2.k12.sc.us/childu/INDEXIMAGES/TopImageCustom.gif
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - http://zone.msn.com/images/v9/en-us/game/dimi/banner_dimi.gif
O24 - Desktop Component 2: (no name) - http://zone.msn.com/images/v9/en-us/game/zuma/banner_zuma.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------

Disable McAfee VirusScan ScriptStopper feature by:
  1. Right-mouse click the McAfee VirusScan icon in the system tray.
  2. Select VirusScan then click Options.
  3. Click the Advanced button and then click the ScriptStopper tab.

Note: McAfee VirusScan 10 users, click the Exploits tab.
  4. Make sure Enable ScriptStopper (recommended) option is de-selected.
  5. Click OK and then click OK to complete disabling McAfee ScriptStopper feature.

Also right click and make sure real time protection is turned off

Combofix
  • Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.
Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

combofix and hijackthis logs attached

The combofix rebooted my computer before producing the log. I hope that's what it was supposed to do. Since it rebooted, I have not seen a popup. I don't know what to look for on the logs. Did it remove anything?

Yep, we are getting there.

Run CFScript

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
File::

Folder::
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts(2)
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts(3)
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts(4)

Driver::

Registry::
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{03e037d3-f080-4c0b-bdb5-a70c693ae36d}]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{03e037d3-f080-4c0b-bdb5-a70c693ae36d}]

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Combofix and HJT logs

I haven't seen anything popping up. Maybe it's gone. I'm trying to post the logs. I have trouble getting the manage attachments window to come up. I will keep trying.

I would like to see at least the combofix log before we clean up - you can paste it here if it wont attach - may be your pop up settings blocking it

Sorry bout that we posted at almost the same time - how is your computer running now?

Let's clean up a bit and secure the work you have done.

Uninstall Combofix
* Click START then RUN
* Now type Combofix /u in the runbox
* Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /u
* Then hit Enter.

* The above procedure will:
* Delete the following:
* ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
* Reset the clock settings.
* Hide file extensions, if required.
* Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
* Set a new, clean Restore Point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OTCleanit! by Oldtimer

• Launch OTMoveit2! and click on the green Cleanup! button

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
  1. Set correct settings for files
    • Click Start > My Computer > Tools menu (at top of page) > Folder Options > View tab.
    • Under "Hidden files and folders" if necessary select Do not show hidden files and folders.
    • If unchecked please check Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    • If necessary check "Display content of system folders"
    • If necessary Uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
    • Click OK

clear system restore points

• This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
      • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
      • Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
      • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
      • Select the More options tab
      • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
      This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

2. Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
    1. From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
    2. Click once on the Security tab
    3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
    4. Click once on the Custom Level button.
      • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
      • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
      • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
      • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
      • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
      • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
      • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
      • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    5. Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
  3. Use an AntiVirus Software - It is very important that your computer has an anti-virus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future.

See this link for a listing of some online & their stand-alone antivirus programs:

Virus, Spyware, and Malware Protection and Removal Resources

4. Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperitive that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

5. Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over. I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:

Understanding and Using Firewalls

6. Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.This is done in Vista through control panel -> windows updates.

7. Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

8. Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

here are some additional utilities that will enhance your safety

• IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
  • Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
  • Winpatrol <= Download and install the free version of Winpatrol. a tutorial for this product is located here:
    Using Winpatrol to protect your computer from malicious software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back