hijackthis log. thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTom

Hello techspot people,

I would really appreciate your help.

I first noticed a problem when there was a red dot icon in the bottom right toolbar which expanded with an official looking window titled Spyware Detection Alert.

I've done all the preliminary scans as instructed on this site. The hijackthis log and avg antispyware report are attached.

The red icon has gone after the scans but the problems are still there: internet explorer is dead giving me a blue screen and avg had to heal and vault 3 trojan attacks as soon as I connected to the internet (win344.tmp.exe, win346.tmp.exe, Yazzle11620inAdmin.exe).

Again, all help really appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {26B61245-2471-3859-3126-04487DAC7F8A} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {35F7813A-AF74-4474-B1DC-7EE6FB6C43C6} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3DA7F600-C5A6-43B1-BE24-057C4040E0C0} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhi.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {C671A733-A4AA-4B5F-8CEE-006242C457B5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayabxw.dll

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{163499D3-8422-4F71-A263-177A8172E29C}: NameServer = 62.6.40.178 194.72.9.38<Only fix this if it doesn`t belong to your ISP BT.NET.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winrnt32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winrnt32.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: yayabxw - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\yayabxw.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

These are the filepaths you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\yayabxw.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winrnt32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhi.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of TTom only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks Howard,

I followed your instructions and those dll files are still in system32. I think I may have rebooted after I'd sent you the hjt log. Some of the entries in the new hijack window were different and I could only find 3 of the 6 that you listed.

I have attached the latest hjt log.

Your system is even more infected now than it was before. However, there`s no need to worry as I`m sure we can clean it up.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly. Do this, even if you`ve already done it.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of TTom only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok i've gone through the whole process again.

Housecall could not delete 2 infections of Troj_nebuler.I

CCleaner did its stuff until there were no issues or files in its lists

avg found nothing

spybot found and fixed; microsoft.windows.antivirusDisableNotify, smitfraud-C, smitfraud-C.Toolbar888, yazzleSudoku, DoubleClick, MediaPlex

Ad-aware found nothing

and you have the logs for AVG Antispyware and HJT

Again, thanks for your help

Download Vundofix from HERE.

Double click the Vundofix.exe to run it.

Right click in the vundofix window and click add files.

Enter the full file path/s to the files you want Vundofix to delete and click the add files button, followed by the close window button. Click the remove vundo button and let Vundofix do it`s stuff.

These are the filepaths you need to enter into Vundofix.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipnydgh.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhi.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayabxw.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sruusxm.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winrnt32.dll

Post a fresh HJT log after doing the above.

here is the latest HJT log.

After restart following the vundo fix, a box appeared with the message "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\sruusxm.dll The specified module could not be found"

That`s looking much better.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {26B61245-2471-3859-3126-04487DAC7F8A} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipnydgh.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B22C3D5E-26B2-4712-9368-F16E2ABC2F4D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhi.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {C671A733-A4AA-4B5F-8CEE-006242C457B5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayabxw.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sruusxm.dll] C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\sruusxm.dll,nsrxhv

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\sruusxm.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Done that. This time I was able to find and fix all the files you mentioned.

Hope this has done it.

HJT log attached

That`s got it, your HJt log is now clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Delete the killbox backups and any files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Great. Thank you very much. I have no idea how or why this service is provided but I'll just assume it's old fashioned kindness to balance out the evil of the virus makers.

And you're a fellow Englishman too!

Should I keep spybot, avg antivirus, avg Anti-spyware, ad-aware all running?

By all means keep the programmes, but don`t have them running in the background as they just take up system resources.

The only programmes you need to be running constantly are your antivirus and firewall software.

You might want to take a look at this thread HERE. It`ll show you how you can make your system more secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back