hijackthis log

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've used this messageboard to clean up some of the sneaky bastards that got onto my computer - thanks (special thanks to howard_hopkinso)

i've attached my hijackthis log and if someone could check to see if something is still there that i should be concerned about, i would greatly appriciate it.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a few nasties.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name. See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

SCHOST~1.EXE<Not to be confused with svchost.exe which is legit.

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {EC32C0F9-7D62-25C2-4C22-5810912370B7} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nyasbef.dll

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EC32C0F9-7D62-25C2-4C22-5810912370B7} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nyasbef.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Rccp] "C:\DOCUME~1\etarasew\APPLIC~1\YSTEM3~1\explorer.exe" -vt yazr

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Vbcdmyl] C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSEMBL~1\SCHOST~1.EXE

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winkyd32 - winkyd32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSEMBL~1\SCHOST~1.EXE
C:\DOCUME~1\etarasew\APPLIC~1\YSTEM3~1\explorer.exe

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

These are the filepaths you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nyasbef.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and post a fresh HJT log.

I also suggest you get some proper antivirus and firewall protection. The free AVG and the free Zonalarm or Kerio firewall programme are very good. Google for these.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of llamaGod only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Howard,

i really appriciate your assistance - i've done as you said for everything except the two files that killbox was to be used to delete weren't in the system32 folder - attached is the new hijackthis log.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

PartyGaming\PartyPoker

Close control panel

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

RunApp.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Get that antivirus and firewall software installed ASAP. Otherwise your system will be reinfected quite quickly.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of llamaGod only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back