HijackThis Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attached a hijackthis log file. My system has been running slowly of late. Perhaps you will see something which is affecting the system.

Thank you.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O1 - Hosts: 162.33.130.11 wamu.toad.net

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Reboot your system and see if there is any improvement!!

If not then download either the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes from within this link - https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Then, disconnect from the net and completely uninstall Symantec/Norton. If you have any problems in uninstalling the programme, take a look at this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic57112.html

Once you`ve completely uninstalled Symantec/Norton, reboot your system and install whichever firewall programme you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose. Reboot your system the required number of times and reconnect to the net. Run the antivirus updates.

Once you have done that, post a new HJT log to see if you pc is clear!!!!

as you are running norton/symantec and zonelabs/zonealarm, may well be part of that problem. these two programmes are not compatible

That's too bad about the Symantec. I get a free corporate edition through my employer, and I really like Zone Alarm. Maybe I'll go with the full symantec corporate edition version, with the firewall.

Thanks.

NOT a good idea, norton is seriuosly BAD!!!! It eats up your system resources and does a lousy job of protecting you system!!!!

Yeah, that would be a VERY VERY BAD idea. Steer clear from Symantec crapware. AVG's Free Edition 7.5 is the best choice! :)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

That`s some very good advice you`ve been given. Once Symantec/Norton crapware has been removed, you should see an improvement to your systems speed.

You might also want to take a look at this thread HERE. It will show you how to speed up your system.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

P.S: Well done rik.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of david.paige only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back