HiJackThis Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw23

I have been having some intermitant and odd problems lately and was wondering if someone could have a look at my hijackthis log and see if there are any problems. Sometimes my internet brower closes on its own after clicking a new link, and sometimes if I click on a link to open something like a picture... it will open a new window and load the picture for about a second then that window closes but the others remain open. I used to use IE but now use Opera, I have had the problems with both browsers. I ran the trend micro online scan and had a few malware infections that were cleaned up, and I use ad-aware and spybot for spyware and currently have no infections. I use PC Tools firewall, Avira antivirus, and also use WinPatrol and Ad-Watch.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    4.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

It appears that your log is clean. However, have HijackThis fix these 2 entries:
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - - (no file)

With regards to your problem, it is because of your ad-watch which closes popups automatically. I used to have it in the past; but I found it too cumbersome as it detected too many false positives. So I unloaded it from startup. Try that and see if it works.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of Shaw23 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hi shaw 23.
as momok says it looks clean, but you should change the name of hijack this to analyse this or something recognisable, as there are some bugs that hide from it under its original name. no one will mind if you scan and post a second hjt log.not insulting your inteligence but how many are av and adwatch progs are active our your pc is running

Thanks to the both of you for your time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Momok, would ad-watch cause my browser to close completely when I click on a link? For example, yesterday I was looking at some stuff on the Nintendo website and everytime I clicked on the "Wii" link the browser would just close completely. I tried it a couple of times and the same thing happened everytime. I tried both browsers, then I restarted the machine and went back to the same site and the link worked this time. I have had this happen a few different times on different sites.

Also with the problem of it closing the pop-ups when I click a link to open a picture... it isnt all the time. For isntance I look at things alot on newegg and the majority of the time when I click on the picture of an item it opens a new window and displays the gallery of that item. But sometimes, when I click on the picture to open the gallery it opens for about a second then closes... and keeps doing that unless I restart the machine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
tomrca, If I understood your post correctly, I should rename the exe file to something other than hijackthis. I will try that and repost the new log after I fix the things Momok pointed out. Also, I am sorry but I didnt understand your last question.

after renaming hjt, the path should look like this eg,C:\programme files\hijackthis\analyse this v_2.exe

Hi,

Your log still looks clean. However,
I've just realised that you are running an outdated version of HijackThis.

You can obtain the latest version from the link in my signature.

Do the renaming, then scan again and save a new log.
Also, have you tried unloading ad-watch altogether and does the weird closing still occur? If it does, I'd have to go through a full cleaning process with you.

Ad-watch can close a browser totally, if it does not have additional tabs within it opened and is set to prompt user for confirmation to close all tabs everytime the browser is closed. As I've said earlier, Ad-watch has detects many false positives, and is also inconsistent at times. It could be the cause of your problems.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of Shaw23 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for your help, I will try getting rid of ad-watch and see what kind of results I get. I will keep in touch.

Yep.. I was wondering why too. However his second log showed v 1.99.1. So I just provided some instructions to remind him to scan using the updated version.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back