HijackThis Logfile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
I just registered here a few moments ago. I'm attaching my HJT logfile for those of you who have the knowledge to interpret it to help rid my computer of junk. I know I haven't run HJT in over a year now, so I just wanted to see if there was any extraneous crap I could get rid of. Thanks!

So you just want us to help you clean your system. There is nothing wrong that you know of? Hows about doing this yourself since you know it is good, and begin learning how the HiJack system can be helpful to you?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your running an outdated version of HijackThis and you haven`t renamed it. It does show some malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Stearnsy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Howard, I greatly appreciate your help. I will take the recommended steps and be back shortly with an updated HJT logfile.

This took quite some time, but here's what I got from it: Everything worked except for Tool 1, the FraudFix tool. AVG Antirootkit returned nothing. I did download the new HJT and renamed it to Analyze.exe. Here are my new HJT and ComboFix logs.

You didn`t post an AVG Antispyware log. Please do so in your next reply.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager
Bodog Poker
Absolute Poker

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ViewMgr.exe
ALCXMNTR.EXE
PowerReg Scheduler.exe
BPGame.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe

O9 - Extra button: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk

O9 - Extra button: Bodog Poker - {F47C1DB5-ED21-4dc1-853E-D1495792D4C5} - C:\Program Files\Bodog Poker\BPGame.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Bodog Poker<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint<Delete the entire folder.
C:\windows\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\MsxwCtrl.dll
PowerReg Scheduler.exe<Search your system for this files and delete all instances found.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh HJT and Combofix logs as well as an AVG Antispyware log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Stearnsy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

All items in your AVG Antispyware log say "No Action Taken". That`s because you haven`t told AVG Antispyware to quarantine it`s results as per the instructions. See this pictorial guide.

Your HJT log is clean.

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached avengerscript.txt and save it to your desktop. The Avenger script is attached to the bottom of this post.

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the file you have just downloaded, click on it and press open
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please attach the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply, as well as a fresh Combofix log.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back