HijackThis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You`re running an outdated version of HJT and you`re running it from the wrong location. Please see HERE and post a fresh HJT log as per the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

You could say that:

Over the last couple of weeks, my PC has started to reboot itself randomly and for no apparent reason that i can see. I first noticed it when i used to leave it on over night when i was burning DVDs, i would come down in the morning and the PC had rebooted itself and it was during the burning process and thus my DVDs never finished burning. So i thought it might have something to do with the Nero software i was using, so i reinstalled it all and it looked like it had stopped rebooting as i managed to burn 1 dvd. But now it has recently just rebooted itself when i havent been burning, ad still does it during the burn process, so it cant be Nero. I would just be on the internet and doing something or just on windows and then it would reboot itself. The only thing that has changed recently since this started is that i have installed a new Graphics Card. I used to have a Radeon 9800 Pro (128mb), but now have a Radeon Sapphire X1550 (512mb). The drivers for this are all up-to-date.

I have de-fragged my PC since this started, i have run a few spyware programs and other cleaning programs, but still it does it. I have Windows XP Home. I have never had this problem before. I have even looked in the event viewer to see if something shows up there ad the only errors at the time of rebooting are the following:

Error - Source - AVG7 - 2007-11-16 12:59:03, 593 VOYAGER [002100:002727] ERROR 000 AVG7.CC plugins. CAvgCcPlugin plugin refresh failed: Error 0x80004005

And there seem to be a ot of these erros in the event viewer, so could have something to do with my AVG Free Adition virus, but if so it has never happened before and i have had this virus scanner on my PC for nearly a year now if not more. But i have now just uninstalled AVG and reinstalled the latest version and started a DVD burn off but it has done it again but i had a blue screen error this time as i
unticked the "Automatically Restart" under the "Startup & recovery" in advanced tab in my Computer, so i would get an error message instead of the PC just rebooting.

So any ideas why it might be rebooting itself?

Thnx

Razor

Ok, try this.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :)

Your should find your minidump files in the C:\windows\mindump folder. Each file will be dated and you attach them exactly the same way as you attached your HJT log.

I have searched for that folder but cannot find it anywhere on my drive. I even did a search using the wizard search,

Any ideas

Mmm, I wonder if your system isn`t set up to write minidumps.

Right click my computer and select properties/advanced/startup and recovery/settings/write debugging information.

Choose full memory dump from the drop down list and untick the write over existing file box. Choose small memory dump(64K) from the drop down list and click ok/ok and restart your computer.

Now when your system crashes, Windows should write a small memory dump to the C:\windows\minidump folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back