HIS GPU not working

Hello

I have a HIS graphic card and a Gigabyte M/B. I use windows 7 x64 (unactivated) and have 6gb RAM on 1333mhz. My Power Supply has 400W. I just dont know whats wrong and why it isnt working. Please help

P.S the g/c works just fine on another pc

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3503#sp
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-531.shtml#UV
Well, are you unable to get any picture when plugged into the card on the new PC?

Have you tried both PCI-E ports on your motherboard to see if it will work then?

Well, are you unable to get any picture when plugged into the card on the new PC?

Have you tried both PCI-E ports on your motherboard to see if it will work then?

Yeah. I'm not getting a video signal. But also when I try to instal the driver it says "no compatible hardware detected"
I have only tried the pcie x16 slot. because the g/c is x16 and the other pcie conector on the board is x4.
should I try it anyway?

I would, it would help to rule out things, AMD cards can run on a X4 slot

I tried and got a signal. but only for like a second. After that I wasnt able to get any signal from the motherboard. I tried another g/c and didnt get any signal on the x16 or x4 slot. I dont know what to do anymore. Is my m/b broken?

I tried and got a signal. but only for like a second. After that I wasnt able to get any signal from the motherboard. I tried another g/c and didnt get any signal on the x16 or x4 slot. I dont know what to do anymore. Is my m/b broken?

It could be a couple of things, since the card works in other machines we can rule the card being faulty out. So it must be the motherboard, I would go to your device manager under control panel and check your motherboards PCI E lanes to see if its a drivers issue. If you see any exclamation points that could be the issue right there. I had a friend who built a machine that would not detect any GPU plugged into the PCI-E and that turned out to be the issue.

You can also try another GPU if you have one in the PCI-E lane to see if it reads.

For testing purposes do you have access to another power supply that you can temporarily install, maybe from that other PC in which your graphics card works? While 400W should be enough, all 400W power supplies are not equal. Maybe yours is failing or is marginal to begin with. Anyway, it's worth a try, IMO.

For testing purposes do you have access to another power supply that you can temporarily install, maybe from that other PC in which your graphics card works? While 400W should be enough, all 400W power supplies are not equal. Maybe yours is failing or is marginal to begin with. Anyway, it's worth a try, IMO.

I already had that idea. I tried it with a 350W power supply. It still didnt work. I dont have any others to test it with.

It could be a couple of things, since the card works in other machines we can rule the card being faulty out. So it must be the motherboard, I would go to your device manager under control panel and check your motherboards PCI E lanes to see if its a drivers issue. If you see any exclamation points that could be the issue right there. I had a friend who built a machine that would not detect any GPU plugged into the PCI-E and that turned out to be the issue.

You can also try another GPU if you have one in the PCI-E lane to see if it reads.

Where are the pci-e lanes listed? I cant't seem to find them anywhere in the device manager. Also, where would I even get the right drivers for the lanes if that would be the issue?

I already tried another GPU.
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ENGT240DI1GD3A/#overview
It still didnt work :(

Where are the pci-e lanes listed? I cant't seem to find them anywhere in the device manager. Also, where would I even get the right drivers for the lanes if that would be the issue?

I already tried another GPU.
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ENGT240DI1GD3A/#overview
It still didnt work :(

If you tried another GPU and it still did not work, chances are it is motherboard related. Whether its physical or software is not determined yet, however if you did not notice any Exclamation points in device manager then im leaning towards a bad motherboard being the underlying issue.

Back