Hit Playstation title Guacamelee confirmed for PC

Justin Kahn

hit playstation guacamelee guacamelee! playstation 3 ps vita pc steam

Guacamelee! released a few months back on Playstation 3 and PS Vita to more than favorable critical reviews. Developed by Drinkbox Studios, the action-platformer is now confirmed to be making its way to Steam later this Summer, on August 8.

Themed in traditional Mexican folklore, the Metroidvania-like experience was highly praised for its unique charm, excellent visuals and solid core gameplay mechanics. It follows the story of Mexican wrestler Juan Aguacate, as he sets out to save the kidnapped President's daughter from the evil Carlos Calaca. Guacamelee features a 2-D open world to explore, with an interesting dimension flipping mechanic that takes Juan from the living world to the realm of the dead in order to solve various puzzles. The melee combat that steadily evolves over the course of the experience, is mixed with light RPG elements and an ever growing list of combos.

Now all the ground pounding, backflips and uppercuts PS3 and Vita owners have been enjoying can be had through Steam in just over a month. The PC release will come in the way of Guacamelee! Gold Edition and will feature some welcomed additions in the way of Steam integration for things such as leader-boards, achievements, cloud saving and trading cards, as well as two DLC packs. It also features a brand new level containing various challenges, new costumes that change the players abilities and a costume editor. 

Guacamelee! Gold Edition hits Steam on August 8 for $14.99. Additionally, those who purchase the PC version during the first week of release will receive 10% off the purchase as well a free copy of Drinkbox's last game, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!

Permalink to story.

Looks interesting. I may have to get it on a Steam Sale some day.
"May have"?
So do I
LOL
This is the very 1st time I've heard about a PS exclusive title coming to PC. Microsoft has done it before (Alan Wake), but Sony? I don't know...
I just hope the game sells well and they end up bringing more games. "Last of Us" and "Dragon's Crown", I'm looking at you...

Back