TechSpot

Hitachi $30 Rebate

By kozman
Feb 2, 2010
  1. Yesterday , Feb 1st, there was listed a 1TB Hitachi hard drive for like $80 in "Tech Deals. There was also a rebate for $30 for this unit. I thought it was CircuitCity.com.

I cannot find it today. Do deals get delete that fast from this site?
    Peace,
    kozman

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Just as fast as they can unload them, they are gone... Hitachi drives do not sell well, due to their horrible reliability record. You are lucky you missed it.

You can get a Seagate 1 TB for $89, Western Digital for 87, 93, or 99 depending on whether green, blue, or black. Samsung for $82 to $85...

All better reliability and longer life than the Hitachi

Check www.directron.com, www.newegg.com, www.pcmall.com, www.tigerdirect.com, www.frys.com, www.zipzoomfly.com and so many others.

Most of those will have a three year warranty, but some will have, on occasion, 5 year warranty depending on where and when.

3. kozman

kozman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 28

Thanks for the info. :;O)

4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,976   +956

You know, as I recall, Hitachi even made lousy VCRs.

5. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,909   +91

No No, that was Emerson. they made 2 head VCR's and Hitachi made made 4 head, so its obvious that.....nevermind

6. kozman

kozman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 28

Hey, wait a minute. I work for Insinkerator EMERSON (Electric) division, Our moto is garbage in, garbage out! hehehe
    Peace,
    kozman

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.