Hitachi announces first USB 3.0 external drives

By Emil
Apr 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST) has announced a new line of Hitachi Touro Pro desktop and mobile external hard drives, which offer both local backup and cloud storage functionality. The Touro Pro line is an all-in-one solution to help protect, transport, and store your photos, music, videos, and documents for easy access from anywhere.

Read the whole story
  2. You cannot boot from them.
  3. I read techspot articles on a regular basis. I will appreciate if you, the writers, stop quoting pompous bullshit marketing propaganda, like the last paragraph of the article.

Thank you
  4. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 870   +129

They're rectangular with rounded edges. Apple might sue.
  5. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Newcomer, in training Posts: 27

Does having USB 3.0 help on a 7200 RPM HDD? Can it transfer files faster or is it limited by the 7200 RPM?
  6. Funny, hehehe
  7. mine unexpectedley stoped being recognized by any OS or computer.. tried all the driver updates possible still nothing. Im starting to suspect the cable is the problem.. it seems to be another usb cable (cheaper looking).. not the one it originally came with.. hmmm

where might that cable be.,,. could someone maybe confirm what the cable looks like that comes in the box// take a picture.. that would be cool.. thanks..

that was funny about apple might sue.. jejeje

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.