HJT log.3 icons on desktop:error cleaner,privacy protector..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.i really hope you can help me.3 or 4 days ago i started my pc and i had this 3 icons on my desktop.my pc was very slow and the processor was working 100% all the time.a lot of pop ups and messages came out all the time telling me to download some products or showing me web pages in internet explorer when i often use mozilla firefox.i used spyware doctor and it cleaned it but after some hours the infection appeared again.then i searched the web for a solution and i followed the steps that are on this page://ww.pchell.com/support/ultimatedefender , to remove this infection.i followed this steps and now the icons has gone and after one day the infection has not appeared.one of the steps says that i have to post the hijackthis log.i am posting it here in hope you can help me because i am not sure if this infection is gone.i must say my pc seems ok now...but just to be sure.thank you.

Hi irolfi :wave: and welcome to TechSpot

Your HijackThis version is old, you can download the newest version HERE

I have looked through your log, anyway; and although there are a few areas that could be cleaned up, I do not see any absolute malware present.

To be certain, it is advised to follow the following proceedure, and provide a few scan attachments in doing so, including HijackThis.

Click Here=> Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions

thank you very very much for your help kimsland. i will follow this steps right now and i will let you know...

im here again.i followed the steps and im posting the logs in the attachments.
the panda antirootkit returned no threats detected.
and one thing kimsland...my pc is very slow when i start it for about 4-5 minutes,the processor is nearly 100%,and then the speed is better but still slower than normal.i think thats because my pc is a little old...192mb of ram,pentium 3 processor 667 mhz.so,can you advice me pls what programs should i keep of all them that i installed,the minimum requirements.thank you again.

Looks OK to me (but actually I'm not an expert on this)

You can safely remove these programs from Add/Remove Programs:
  • Ad-Aware
  • AVG Anti-Spyware
  • HijackThis
  • SpyBots S&D (if exists)
  • Spyware Doctor
  • SUPERAntiSpyware (if exists)
  • And anything else you don't want any longer
Download Startup Control Panel and untick:
  • pctptt.exe in HKLM Run tab
  • PCTVOICE=pctspk.exe in HKLM Run tab
  • C:\WINDOWS\System32\PAStiSvc.exe
  • Mixer.exe in HKLM Run tab (confirm sound still works, after disabling this one
  • CTFMON.EXE (there may be multiple of these) Actually it doesn't live here)
  • And anything else you don't want to start with Windows
You might contemplate removing McAfee, as this can take up a lot of resource.

After restarting
  • Download and run CCleaner
  • And fully run it
  • And lastly Defrag your system (in: Programs-Accessories-System Tools)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back