TechSpot

HJT log again!

By TimeParadoX
Sep 22, 2007
  1. I recently updated to Windows XP SP2 ( I was on SP1 for quite awhile ), I had to reinstall some stuff like firewall and everything. I wanted to see if I had any extra trash lying around my computer, All my antivirus scans turned nothing but just want to make sure ;)

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Place a check in the box next to the following HJT entry and click the Fix Checked button:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

Then press ctrl+alt+del to bring up the Windows task manager. Click on the processes tab and end the process alcxmntr.exe (if there).

Search your system for the filename alcxmntr.exe and delete all instances found.

Other than that, the HJT log is clean.

Regards :)

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,273

Ok thanks kitty, I got a new log for your checking :D

4. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

hi, kitty, i'm learning hjt logs so can i ask why that entry needs fixing? when i look it up on processlibrary.com it says "alcxmntr.exe is installed alongside hardware drivers for the Realtek AC97 audio device"

i know that O4 is startup but i thought that an audio driver would be ok at startup?

teach me, for i am a n00b :D

5. Gosugod

Gosugod TS Rookie Posts: 40

It has a Status of X
    Realtek AC97 Audio - Event Monitor. Slyware file used surreptitiously monitor one's actions. It's used by realtek to gather data about customers.

www.castlecops.com/startuplist-180.html

6. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

7. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

thanks :) i'd to the :eek: face but it's not there any more :(

i forgot that companies did things like that, tisk tisk

8. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,273

I usually go here: http://www.hijackthis.de/

It gives details on ( mostly ) all HJT log entries, it's not 100% for sure, that's why I check here as well :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.