HJT log - help required

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi. my mate has managed to **** up my machine by installing games on it. it's not attached to the i-net, so i assume it's come off his cds since it was fine before. occasionally a message pops up, saying something about a prog (mediaa~2.exe) not being able to load properly. googled it and sure enough, it's a virus. i copied hijackthis onto my drive (mcafee binned it because a virus was found. hijackthis came from the tomcoyote site, so i assumed it was safe and deactivated mcafee so i could run it - see log result attached). hope someone can help, any assistance would be much appreciated.

cheers, deek

for the love of christ, get rid of mcafee and switch and make mozilla firefox your default browser. mcafee is so bad of an AV that your computer would be better of without any such software. after you remove said app, download, install, update, and run AVG free edition (free.grisoft.com)

thanks, i'll switch back to avg. used it last year but mcafee was recommended to me instead. i would use firefox as my default browser but since i'm not connected to the net with that machine i haven't bothered to change it. any idea what MEDIAA~2.exe is?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back