HJT log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, new to the forums.
I was wondering if someone could take a look at my HJT log.
The laptop Im using was recently purchased from a friend, its about 3 years old, and Im having all sorts of problems. I also know there was a previous owner before him as well because "James G Steffen" is all over this computer(that is not my name or my friends). Im not sure how to change the actual name of the laptop?
My Norton Trial expired the other night, and I proceeded to remove it so that I could install avast! A warning popped up saying to two weren't compatible. I thought I removed Norton completely because once I tried to install avast again, it allowed me to do so. So I then began to scan the computer, 51 viruses or so were found. It wouldn't allow me to move the items to the chest for some reason, so I (like an *****) permanently deleted them. There was also a warning that a virus was found in the operating systems memory. It suggested that I restart my computer and allow for a scan to take place that would happen before the computer booted. (I have avast on my desktop computer so I knew about this scan) When I clicked okay though, it said the action couldn't be completed, something about the client didn't have permission. So I ignored the file and continued with the scan.
Once completed I realized I didn't have any internet access. So I restarted my computer, thinking that would help. The scan (before the computer boots) then ran, so I let it continue. Once logged on I still didn't have any internet access.
After days and days on the avast forums, and with the help of someone there
I followed these steps :
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=50662
eventually after hours of headaches
I got my internet connection back.
Which is why I am here now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.03.0000.1005\en-xu\stmain.dll

O16 - DPF: {8FCDF9D9-A28B-480F-8C3D-581F119A8AB8} - http://static.zangocash.com/cab/180solutions/ie/bridge-c420.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of kristin m only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

wow, that was really fast thank you.
I did as you said and my only concern is after I deleted those I got the icon in my tray saying limited or no connectivity again. Although I am still able to use the internet.
Also, since you told me to delete the static.zongocash
I figured Id ask .. In my program files theres a folder called
180search Assistant Programs, theres nothing in it and Im not sure what it is, but should I delete it anyway?

Check in add remove programmes in your control panel for 180search Assistant. If found, try and uninstall it.

If not found, then by all means delete the folder.

What is the icon in in your system tray that says limited or no connectivity?

What options do you get if you right click on the icon?

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of kristin m only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

It was there but it said it was already uninstalled and asked if Id like to remove it from the add/remove program list. Ive done a lot of virus scans the last couple of days, maybe they took care of it for me?
There is two icons in the tray. One says local area connection 2 (a network cable unplugged) it looks like two overlapping computers with a red x over them. The other is back on now, but it says "limited or no connectivity" every now and then, it looks like a little computer that says wireless network connection 3 (defult).
Ive had so many connection problems. Ever since I bought a new desktop computer a Dell Dimension E310 - with windows XP. We hooked up our Cable Modem - Motorola Surfboard SB41000 and Wireless Router - D-Link DI-624 (we got the wireless router for hooking up a xbox 360) but I always got network cable unplugged and limited or no connectivity alerts. Finally after going to my routers IP address and messing around with updates and such I think I fixed it or at least got the alerts to stop happening on the desktop computer, but now I have two icons in the laptop's tray.
Anyway, this probably isnt the right place to be asking these questions. If I did however run into more issues. In what forum catagory would you like me to put this topic.
And also.. Since this laptop is a hand me down, theres a ton of junk on here, in the add/remove programs and Im not sure what is safe to remove?
Or the fact that "James G Steffen" a previous owners name is still on the computer, how to change that? Where would I go about finding answers.
Love this forum, thank you for all your help :)

If you continue to have problems with your connection, the Storage and networking forum is the best place for that.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Good luck.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back