HJthis.txt - Could you please look this over

By s3xynanigoat
Jan 8, 2006
  1. Hey guys, my computer seems to be bogging down a bit more lately than in the past. I have had more people on it searching the web than I have ever had in the past. Could you pelase look this over and tell me what's up? Hoping nothing. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

You need to fix at least this:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [coatbqs] c:\windows\system32\coatbqs.exe

Does your computer function as a print server or a DHCP server? Or does it share internet connection for other computers? I'm just wondering why you have tcpsvcs.exe running and proxy set to
  3. s3xynanigoat

s3xynanigoat TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 94

Good morning and thank you for your time. Your diagnosis has made my week, thank you. As for my computer being a printserver, the answer is no. I also do not recall having my machine set up for ICS anytime in the past. However I may be incorrect about this. Do you find it appropriate for the proxy to be a loopback address? Or could you explan whether it would be better to leave it alone or to change the proxy setting. The only thing I can think of is that the port :8100 looks familiar. Could it be tied to a ventrillo/teamspeak server or perhaps a gaming server?

I was once infected by some sort of application that was causing me errors and recreating 3 or 4 processes. Norton found it (yeah I had norton at one point, love AVG now though) but could not delete it. Everytime I would kill the program it would recreate itself and if I tried to delete it I would get an access denied message because it was in use. After about 15 minutes of back and forth with this I went into explorer and changed the program to run in win95 mode. This must have blown it's mind because the thing stopped running in my processes and then I deleted the *.exe that it was associated with. That coatbqs thing may be the remnants of it.
  4. vhunter

vhunter TS Rookie Posts: 84

Port 8100 appears to be tied to xprint-server, however, I'm not sure why you'd need a print server on your system. It can't be for printing from Unix, since you're not on Unix.
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

you appear to have a lot of yahoo messenger / toolbar crap. remove them and swear you'll never use an instant messanger again. (unless you're a masochist.)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.