Hl2.exe has encountered an error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legenderycity

I was playing Half Life 2 Episode 1 for a while and encountered this message: hl2.exe has encountered and error and needs to close after crashing back to the desktop. I have tried reinstalling the game but it's still the same. Can anyone help me?

Almost every steam game does this to me occassionally. I've just learned to live with it lol, and blamed Steam for being a failure to begin with.

It does this especially with Vista.

Almost every steam game does this to me occassionally. I've just learned to live with it lol, and blamed Steam for being a failure to begin with.

It does this especially with Vista.

You are not being helpful.

My specs are:
Intel Dual-Core Processor T2300@1.66GHZ
2GB DDR2 Ram
160GB HDD
Intel 945GM Express Chipset

See whether is it that my requirements are causing the problem.

It's a software problem bro, not your hardware... Unless you're experiencing crashes on other games. Try reinstalling Steam, and all games that come with it. You can copy your save files into another folder, I would just delete the entire Steam folder and reinstall if it's that much of an issue.

This might be because you have the file steam.dll downloaded twice on your computer. If you have other games like counter strike. try going on search and deleting one of the steam.dll's leaving you with one steam.dll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back