TechSpot

Hola Peeps

By 8r1n
May 30, 2007
  1. Hi All,
    I am a Semi Retired Engineer living in Southern Spain (La Nucia) I tend to laze around the pool sipping Sangria (this retired lark can be a B*tch) Lol
    I found the site looking for a remedy to reinstate my XP Firewall that's gone AWOL? still not sorted but I feel sure the brains on this super site will help me sort it?
    Peace
    8r1n aka Bryn

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Thx for stopping by, welcome to TechSpot. A few members will be by soon to give you some helpful links. I hope you enjoy your stay here as I am.

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

4. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

Hey Welcome to TechSpot!! :D

If I were you I wouldn't mess with the XP firewall, I think it kinda sucks. Have you tried ZoneAlarm?

5. 8r1n

8r1n TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

Don't mess with XP Firewall!

Hi halo71,
    You are so right! lol as my problem is the following:
    Due to an unidentified problem, windows cannot display the windows firewall settings
    I have tried all the usual fixes & tried all the recommended from the sharedaccess site, but to no avail? I cannot change anything in Windows firewall anywhere on the PC. I am running XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have run every virus,trojan,rootkit malaware proggies known to man & am 99.9999% sure no virus on my sys. Any ideas would be most welcome & gratefully received.
    peace
    8r1n

I will look in tomorrow, off to my pit as have early start am!

6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

As this is the Introduce Yourself forum, may I suggest you open a new thread for your problem in our Windows OS forum.

Regards Howard :)

7. 8r1n

Sorry posted in wrong thread

Sorry Howard,
    First of all, A big thank you to the warm welcome to the Site.
    It was late last night & it was when I clicked "submit Reply" the realisation came to me that it was in the wrong thread (embarrassed) I am not a noobie poster so no excuse!
    Sorry guys will try to put Brain in gear first next time.
    Peace
    8r1n

8. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hi Bryn, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please be sure to read the guide in my signature and to search the Web and the TS forums before posting any questions. It would also help if you would fill out your computer's specs in your user profile.

Enjoy your stay at TS!

Regards :)

9. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Hi how are you?

10. 8r1n

Hi Phantasm66,
    What nice a welcome to this site. Nice members & the E-mails informing of a reply to the posts (Great Feature) I think I will enjoy my stay here.
    As always Peace
    Bryn

11. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

I got to say, I think you are the only member I have ever seen here that uses the bold letters and different colors so much! lol

12. 8r1n

I am Colour Blind

Do I? Sorry! I know the colour cartridge costs more? & me being colour blind lol

13. Phantasm66

So where do I get my Sangria then?

14. 8r1n

Dude,
    Come to Spain & it's on me.
    Peace
    Bryn

15. Phantasm66

That sounds nice.