Hollywood Hiring Cyber Hitmen To Combat Piracy

An interesting read...

You can't right a law broken, by breaking another though.

Or the same for that matter .......

Anyway, they aren't much different from the rest so I am not surprised at these tactics.

You can't right a law broken, by breaking another though.
You can prevent it from being broken in the future.
Though this kind of denial of service attacks tend to just piss people off and they won't want to spend the money to go see it in theaters anyway.

You can prevent it from being broken in the future.
Though this kind of denial of service attacks tend to just piss people off and they won't want to spend the money to go see it in theaters anyway.

From what I understand, they more of a hinderance than anything else, and easily protected to prevent it happening.

Its when they start harvesting other user computers to attack these servers that problems will begin to appear.

The all important question in this though is whether it falls under federal jurisdiction because the harvested computer is on US soil. I can't see a federal or governmental organisation other than others in the US actually doing anything about it personally.

Its when they start harvesting other user computers to attack these servers that problems will begin to appear.

I guess more important point is (which I already have noted) that, it is more likely that the 'perceived target' in this instance will be in much better position to retaliate (that includes harvesting other systems) and attack the instigators in the first place. These people are usually two steps ahead of the rest, and I don't think that is going to change soon. Secondly, most governments are 'ill equipped' to police cyber space effectively anyway, so .........

I assume they mean a DDoS attack? A DoS attack is usually easily dealt with by a fairly robust server firewall, and is hardly any trouble. A DDoS attack is the real shebang, but pulling it off would require a significantly large number of resources (read: botnets).

@Rage

Thats what I was assuming, DoS would be slightly pointless as its easily dealt with (or so I've read).

Back