Home cinema system to computer?? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi iv got a home cinema system off ebay the other day:D but i have 6 RCA cables comming out of the back...i know its spoused to be used for a dvd player but...wuld be nice if i could get em to work with me computer

i dont think i have an actuall sound card in my computer its one of thouse built in on the motherboard! so will i have to buy 1 lookin for as cheap as possible lol:p

how do i connect he 6 RCA cables into a 1/8 jack???? is it possible and will all my speakers work???

or will i need to get a reciver??? im confused u c reading all the other threads lol

any help really apreciated! :wave:

If you buy a decent (surround) sound card then it will have jacks for all your RCA leads. There are RCA-to-phone cables and adapters available. Just make sure you get the stereo versions that make one phone plug out of two RCA ones.

yes but wont that mean ill have 3 1/8 jacks! therefore i will then need 2 of thouse splitters for 1/8 so i can plug them in and then ill end up with 1 1/8 jack! is that right! and buy hte way what surround card should i get??? ta mate!

Why do you insist on ending up with only one phone plug?

If you buy a 5.1 soundcard then it will have all the jacks for analog output to match the 6 RCA inputs in your home theatre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back