Home cinema system to computer?? HELP!

By pojams
Jun 5, 2005
  1. hi iv got a home cinema system off ebay the other day:D but i have 6 RCA cables comming out of the back...i know its spoused to be used for a dvd player but...wuld be nice if i could get em to work with me computer

i dont think i have an actuall sound card in my computer its one of thouse built in on the motherboard! so will i have to buy 1 lookin for as cheap as possible lol:p

how do i connect he 6 RCA cables into a 1/8 jack???? is it possible and will all my speakers work???

or will i need to get a reciver??? im confused u c reading all the other threads lol

any help really apreciated! :wave:
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

If you buy a decent (surround) sound card then it will have jacks for all your RCA leads. There are RCA-to-phone cables and adapters available. Just make sure you get the stereo versions that make one phone plug out of two RCA ones.
  3. pojams

pojams TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes but wont that mean ill have 3 1/8 jacks! therefore i will then need 2 of thouse splitters for 1/8 so i can plug them in and then ill end up with 1 1/8 jack! is that right! and buy hte way what surround card should i get??? ta mate!
  4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Why do you insist on ending up with only one phone plug?

If you buy a 5.1 soundcard then it will have all the jacks for analog output to match the 6 RCA inputs in your home theatre.
  5. pojams

pojams TS Rookie Topic Starter

so do u recomend any 5.1 sound card system? a cheap but good 1 lol??? thnks mate i c now!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.