Home-made Blu-ray disc incapatibility on Sony player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the UK and have a Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray disc player. I've just bought a high definition camcorder and will want to create Blu-ray discs of my HD projects. But I've been told that "home-made" Blu-ray discs won't play on my Sony Blu-ray players unless the player is modified by using some kind of unlocking code via the remote control. Can anybody please advise me on this? Many thanks.

This is most likely caused by DVD Region Code conflicts:

Region Code Where It Plays

0 Any DVD Player

1 United States & Canada

2 UK, Europe, Japan, Middle East, Egypt, South Africa, Greenland

3 South East Asia

4 Mexico, South America, Central America, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Caribbean

5 Former Soviet Union, Eastern Europe, India, most of Africa, North Korea, Mongolia

6 China

We might be able to unlock this feature but we need your remotes model number

Blu-ray

I don't believe this is the answer. The regions you list are for normal definition DVDs which I know about - I have a multi-region player for these. My Sony Blu-ray player plays pre-recorded Blu-ray discs purchased in the UK. I intend either to make my own Blu-ray high definition discs or employ a company based in London to make Blu-ray discs from my Mini-DV tapes. The problem is, the company in London has told me that the Blu-ray discs they (or I) would make would play on any UK Blu-ray player except for a Sony Blu-ray player. I was told that it should be possible to obtain some sort of "unlocking code" to instal into my Sony player via the remote control, so that I can then play the Blu-ray discs in question. If I can't solve this problem then it's very annoying that I may have to buy a different make of Blu-ray player.

You came here for help. If you reject this, and you didn't provide us with your Sony remotes model, how do you think we can proceed?

Remote

OK, I have the remote control in front of me and here is the reference number on it:
RMT-B101P
I hope this is what's required to obtain the answer to my query.

Sony blu-ray palyer BDP-S300

rohosmit said:
I'm in the UK and have a Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray disc player. I've just bought a high definition camcorder and will want to create Blu-ray discs of my HD projects. But I've been told that "home-made" Blu-ray discs won't play on my Sony Blu-ray players unless the player is modified by using some kind of unlocking code via the remote control. Can anybody please advise me on this? Many thanks.

I got the player and it works fine using DVDit Pro HD to create my disc.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back