Home Network not working - two routers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok im trying to set up a home network using two routers..i drew a picture in paint...please dont batter my drawing skills....anyway i tried everything to get this working...the befsr41 is second router and the wcg200 is the main router with a built in modem both are made by linksys...i tried disabling dhcp on the second router but it wont grab an ip from the wcg200..i tried setting everything statically on the befsr41 side and still no go...but its weird when i have the befsr41 set to dhcp i can get on the internet and everything...but then most of my programs and games dont work...so if anyoen knows what wrong here any help would be
appreciated thanx

untitled-1.jpg

Again why are you using two routers.. Btw the pic is very good you're very creative, we need more users using the mspaint to share their network idea plans. I would use a switch instead or make the second router a bridge. What features or options you have for the second router?

Is this a budget issue? Why not put them all on one router... Cables will work up to 100 feet... and of course the obvious choice is wireless...

Otherwise, I think Tipstir has the right ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back