Home networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, i need the answers as soon as posible.

im from bangladesh and im using a mobile sim operator's internet. I am using my Nokia7610 as a modem and also sony ericsson k510i. I want to use this net line with 2 of my neighbors who live in 50 meter distance. We 3 want to use this net line simultaneously. My net line of the mobile operator has dynamic ip, so i heard that its possible to do that. Some of my friends are already doing this and will not tell me how, so i need ur help.

i want to network the 3 pcs (maybe 2) and use this net connection simultaneously on each others pc. How do i do that? im a novice in networking, so i would need details please. Also, how will they use it...will they need a mobile sim too???

please tell me the easiest way to conect us and use this connection. Tell me the external and internal things.

ps. does my pc hav to b on all the times for the others to get connection??

YazI

ouch -- there are lots of issues for you to consider.

1-your cell phone data usage will explode -- can you afford this? MANY people have
done this to discover a phone bill in the thousands of $$$!
Make sure your plan is cheap!

2- yes it is possible --

using a router to allow the sharing
Code:
cell-link .... phone--wired.to---wireless.router .... your systems connect wirelessly

you will need to choose your router channel carefully to avoid interfering with the cellpone link.

your internet speed will be terrible with 2-3 users on this configuration.

I highly suggest you reconsider. A Satellite link would be a better choice.

i dint get it. :(........im paying an amount per month with no Gigabyte restriction.
i heard my friends did it with some cable and maybe a Lan card

is there any easy way?
if not, please tel me what to do ..(from the beginning) if u can please
i would appreciate it...

YazI

Assuming your connecting the phone via usb onto a host pc, you want to get that connection running and stable.

You then want to share the connection (of the mobile). You will need to decide what sort of network you want, wired or wireless. IMO wireless will be easiest to setup in this situation.

Let us know what you want to do.

jobeard said:
ouch -- there are lots of issues for you to consider.

1-your cell phone data usage will explode -- can you afford this? MANY people have
done this to discover a phone bill in the thousands of $$$!
Make sure your plan is cheap!

2- yes it is possible --

using a router to allow the sharing
Code:
cell-link .... phone--wired.to---wireless.router .... your systems connect wirelessly

you will need to choose your router channel carefully to avoid interfering with the cellpone link.

your internet speed will be terrible with 2-3 users on this configuration.

I highly suggest you reconsider. A Satellite link would be a better choice.

Good info, but here are PCMICA Cell phone adapter cards.. Those who use say it works. But the way the cell phone prices are I'll pass..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back