Homepage hijacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

tezza22

Hi

I am having a few problems. I had a problem with a security toolbar which couldn't be removed and another program that was constantly telling me I had infections and that I should download their anti-spyware product. Along with those problems, my homepage was hijacked. The website that is coming up is http://securityiepage.com/.

I did a range of things to try and remove the problem including a system restore, running AVG-Antispyware, Ad-Aware, SmitfraudFix and a few others which got rid of the toolbar and the balloons, but the homepage still isn't back.

I've searched ways to get rid of the problem and have tried but nothing seems to work.

I've attached a hijackthis log and if you could please have a look and tell me whats wrong that will be great.

Thanks.

Teri

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    17.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

Have HijackThis fix the following:
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B8C5186E-EC37-4889-9C2E-F73649FFB7BB} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\VIDEO ACTIVEX ACCESS\IESPLG.DLL

Go to Add and Remove Programs and uninstall anything related to VIDEO ACTIVEX ACCESS.

Delete the entire folder of C:\PROGRAM FILES\VIDEO ACTIVEX ACCESS\

Then do the following:

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. These are a comprehensive mix of steps to remove common malware, as well as provide us logs of your system to look at so we can further remove any tricky nasties.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of tezza22 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back