Homeplug adapters

By Everlong18
Dec 2, 2007
  1. I can't find a proper review which review the performance of these. I want to get a couple of these to replace my wireless connection. Thinking of just getting the 85mbps ones as can't really afford the 200mbps ones.

Just a couple of questions about them:

1) I have 8MB broadband, and my wireless connection doesn't reach anywhere near the download speeds (usually 100kb/s-150kb/s). Will I notice much of an improvement with the 85mbps homeplugs?

2) Will the 85mbps adapters perform well in online games, such as Counter Strike: Source, Halo 2 and some MMO games on PC? My wireless connection is constantly dropping in online games, especially in Halo 2 and CS;S. I've tried searching for this, but there's no proper reviews about online games and homeplugs, and a couple of places say 200mbps adapters are for online games really.

2. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

For downloads it all depends on where you are downloading from, it also depends on your connection - if you are on cable you might be sharing some of that with the people around you. Kind of a fun thing you can run is

It will give a rough estimate of what you have connection wise

Does your router have a firewall you may be able to open certain ports to increase your connection speeds to certain games.
  3. BlameCanada

BlameCanada TS Rookie Posts: 320

What is your network, exactly ?

Two computers,wireless router ?

Try going wired.If it doesn`t improve,then it`s not a wireless problem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.