Hooking up PC to LCD TV help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Villainstone

I just bought a DVI cable, it supports analog/digital so I think its a DVI-I. Anyway I am connected to my 32" Magnavox LCD using a VGA cable and everything is fine. I read that VGA is analog so I decided to buy the DVI in order to make a digital connection to my TV. With the DVI cable hooked up the sreen is kinda jumpy and a bit blurry. I played with the resolution setting but thats it so far, refreshrate is at 60Hz. I'm not sure what to do as this is my first time with this type of setup.

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

We'll need the specs on your system.
1. video card type and model

Ok I have a Gforce 6800GT w/ DVI and VGA connections. I have a Biostar P4vtb Mboard, usung a Celeron 2.8g soon to be a P4 northwood. 120 and a 40Gig HDD's, 450w PSU, using Nvidia's latest drivers w/ coolbits added. I hope this what u were looking for thakyou.

P.S. TV is a Magnavox 32MF605W.

Cool that helps.
I have a BFG 6800gt.
what brand is yours?
Does the cale fit properly?
Mine has vga/dvi out, 2 ports.
I'm thinking it may be an aspect ratio problem.
Does the lcd tv have a source signal display setting, that needs to be setup?
In many cases you'll need to switch the signal from analog to dvi on the lcd tv.

My VC brand is PNY with the dual ports like yours. Tv's Native res is 1366x768 I got it set as close to that as I can 1280x768. I played with my TV settings and didn't see anything that would help. I can choose the singal like this (DVI, PC, Component, AV1, AV2 etc but thats it. No changes)

My TV works great with the VGA hookup BUT I WANT DIGITAL boo hoo.

If I have to I will just send the cable back and use the VGA but that would suck.

So I've been playing around with the resolution and a few other setting but I just can't figure this thing out. What the hell could be the problem My TV's native res is 1366x 768 and the closest I can come is 1280x768 it works fine for the VGA cable but not the DVI-I cable. Could it be the TV sense it was not designed to have a PC hooked up to the DVI port, only the PC port??

You got me on this one. :confused:
Have you made contact with magnavox?
I have a suspision the dvi on the lcd is for hdtv.
May be why they have a pc port seperate from dvi.

As a matter of fact it is for HDTV does that make it incompatable? I can play with a lot of features using the Nvidia desktop tray, everything from clock frequencies to costum resolution I can even make my owen refresh rates. If there are anymore suggestion I am open, I spent 50.00 on the DVI and from a non refundable website, so I am stuck with it. Thank you for all the help so far.

Sorry friend but I'm not sure what to do with the link. I'm not in a position to spend more cash for another DVI cable. If I bought the wrong one then I guess thats my own fault, I bought DVI-I DL iut should work just fine. I setup my display to HDTV through the Nvidia drivers still no luck. I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back