Hoping for some help repairing virus damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was unsure what section to put this in, so sorry if it is incorrect.

I got the whole dreaded 'security tools' malware.
I didnt buy it or anything, and then went about removing it.
I do not see any traces of it and after looking at several tutorials it seems to be completely gone.

However as some sort of parting shot it has left a nasty side effect in both my IE and Mozilla browsers.

Basically if i refresh a page 10 times it will load great maybe 3 or 4 times and the rest of the times it will say 'cannot find server' or 'problem loading page'

It is just annoying to have to try and open a page many times.
Does anyone have any idea what this is and what settings I can manipulate to fix it?

I know the actual internet is working great because my touch pro 2 doesnt have this problem and my girlfriends laptop works fine.

Thank you in advance :)

You've been very patient- thank you. If you still need help, please follow the preliminary steps HERE.

When you have finished, please attach the 3 logs for review in your next reply.

Be sure to check the lines in both Malwarebytes and Superantispyware to remove what they find.
Don't do any removals in HijackThis- I'll help with that.

Depending on which browser you're using, there should be a setting for 'Automatic Restart' that you can uncheck.

Thank you very much for your time. I can do this.
I have done this before and got the virus removed, the only issue now is that once they were gone this internet problem popped up and I have no idea what setting to maniupulate to bring it back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back