Hoping to be Virus Free Now

By optical_myth
Sep 15, 2008
  1. I am using my boyfriends work laptop and my son visited a site or downloaded something containing a virus. I had gotten a fake Avast program show up on my desktop stating a win32:trojan-gen{other} virus. I followed your wonderfully simple instructions to clean the computer and now just want to make sure everything is good to go!

All the steps I have taken has helped as it was even taking over my explorer, which made it difficult to fix. Luckily, I have a PC to do the research on. Thank you for the easy to follow set of instructions.

Hoping all is good and not have to have him send it to IT!

Going to post requested 3 logs

here is my logs.
    (edit: removed)
  2. SpiritWind

SpiritWind TS Rookie Posts: 164

Hi :

I see an outdated Adobe Acrobat 6, which includes a "Toolbar" & "Distiller", a
    security risk . Do you use the "Distiller", as described at !? IF yes, at a minimum you should "Update" to Version 8 ; IF no, you should seriously consider uninstalling
    the entire Acrobat program and IF it suits your needs, consider the safer
    "Foxit Reader" .

In addition, I can find no Info on :
    "O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BD7B5A50-5637-41F4-B366-409678EA660C} - (no file)"
    therefore, I recommend you have HijackThis "fix" it .
  3. optical_myth

optical_myth TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you

thanks for the great help! Everything seems to be in working order now. I deleted the Abode and the line you suggested.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.