Horizontal lines on Epson stylus photo 750

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiddler

I have an Epson stylus photo 750 that has started printing photos with very fine horizontal lines. I have performed all the options in the utilites section but to no avail. The only thing I can think of doing next is trying some dedicated cleaning cartridges. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be the cause, and more importantly, how to fix it?
I'ts been a brilliant printer up to now, and ink is silly cheap, so I'd be very sad to have to bin it...:confused:

Yes, and gone through the nozzle cleaning cycle several times........funny, it prints text perfectly, it's just photos...well, any pictures, that have these lines going across the page. maybe even the text does, but it isn't noticeable.

Thanks Tedster, I will attempt to remove the printheads.......never fiddled with a printer b4 tho. The Epson doesn't heat the ink up first like other printers, so I wonder if I CAN remove the printheads,easily,anyway(not sure why I even mentioned that) . If anyone has done this on this printer I'd appreciate any tips...:D

Tedster,
are the printheads part of the ink cartridge, or are they separate? I know the the HP printheads are part of the ink cartridges. When you change the ink cartridge, you replace the printhead too

They are separate. I've got them out already (trickyish) and they are soaking in a bath of surgical spirit until I can buy some rubbing alcohol. They come out with a small pcb, so I'm being a bit careful with that, but as long as I dry everything completely, all should be well..........we'll see what happens, I'll post the results.......or non-results...;)

yeah, you're right. Some HPs are all in one. In that case you have no choice but to replace the head/inktank. Canon printers are separate. One reason I use canon over HP.

I prefer HP over Canon for this reason. The printhead is replaced every time the ink cartridge is, insuring the best possible print quality over the life of the printer. I can go 6 months before changing cartridges, and the cost on the cartridges has come down significantly.

Of course, as long as the Canon printheads respond to your "cleaning" procedure... All is well for Canon

A new black cartridge is $10 and the tri-color cartridge is $24... really not that bad. Refills tend to leak as you say. My HP PSC 1315 is 4 years old and it still prints like new. Photos have no streaks or lines. I notice as the color cartridge gets low on ink, lines in photo prints do appear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back