TechSpot

Hotmail for Thunderbird

By b2bomber81
Nov 27, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys, how's it going. I'm trying to convert from the evil empire's browser and email software, to go 100% Mozilla. I love Firefox. It's a great alternative to Explorer. But I want to use Thunderbird also. The only plugin I've found for it to be able to access Hotmail, actually downloads and deletes the messages from Hotmail. Outlook Express just downloads new mail and keeps it on the server - which is a feature I really like. I would like Thunderbird to do the same thing.

Anybody seen any other options for being able to do this? Any links to some good plugins that will do this? Thanks! :D
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

I do not know which of these you've already tried & I can't exactly tell you which one leaves the messages on the Hotmail server.
  3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

For as long as you use hotmail, you will never be able to escape the Evil Empire. ;)

Source: http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cach...ml thunderbird hotmail&hl=en&client=firefox-a
  4. b2bomber81

b2bomber81 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 59

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.