Hotmail virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a recurring post
my hotmail email sends spam on its own, no virus, malware, spybot, shows any sign of a virus

i have a link from Windows Live Solution Center, it suggests things but they have no idea how to actually solve it - http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=acf824e8-7a79-42d9-bc79-aa03dfafdb91&page=1

it the malware is on the hotmail account changing password and secret question will do nothing since the account is the one compromised

i considered erasing the contact list (so the virus wouldnt have anyone to email to) but it also deletes the msn contact so its not very useful for me.

this is a recurring post
Do you mean a 'recurring problem'? You only have an introduction on this board.

It is also possible that someone who had your information in their Address Book got a mass mailing virus and that is the source.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

You don't ask for help here so I'm not sure what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back