TechSpot

How about this for a gaming rig?

By Cpt_Subtext
Dec 1, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay heres the new and improved variation thanks to your suggestions....

Case: Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Top Mounter 200mm Tri Cool Exhaust / 2x 120mm Tri Cool Front Fans / Top Mounter I/O :.

PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850W PSU

Mobo: Asus Striker Extreme 680i 775

CPU: Intel Conroe Core™ 2 Extreme X6800 2x 2.93 4Mb 1066 MHz LGA775 BX80557X6800

Ram: Corsair TwinX 2GB XMS2 Dominator DDR2 PC6400 with Airflow Fan

Cooling: Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II GH-WIU02 Liquid Cooling System Kit (Will Purchase GPU Addons when available)

Graphics: XFX Geforce 8800GTX 768MB PCI-E

HD: WD 150Gb Raptor SATA 10k/150/16Mb Gaming Edition * 2 In RAID0

Optical: Philips PB1660 16x DL DVD-RW Black

Floppy: Mitsumi Floppy + Card Reader Black

Total inc Vat: £2,761.74 ($5,466.57 For you Yanks, $6,258.41 Canadian, I generally love Canadians... Its there Queen aswell, only the good canadians not those stupid French Canadians.... who in the right minds wakes up one morning and says right I want to be French??? STUPID STUPID STUPID - Al Murrey.... The Landlord :D)
  2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

3. Cpt_Subtext

Cpt_Subtext TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 273

Some good choices there but am curious as to why you recomended a lesser CPU? My understanding of these things isnt what it once was.... care to explain? :)
  4. TimeParadoX

Is your CPU LGA 775? If it is then you can keep it ;)
  5. Cpt_Subtext

Yeah it is.... and its meant to be the best gaming processor at the moment.
  6. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

7. gamingguy27

gamingguy27 TS Enthusiast Posts: 253

Raid0

I would buy two of those HDDs and put em in RADI0.

Big boost in loading times on games, and large files etc.

Alex.
  8. Cpt_Subtext

Wow that board is **** hot! Thanks for pointing that out to me :)

See I wasnt quite sure what the benefits of RAID0 actually where. I thought the boost would come simply enough for having one of those HDD's as they are wickedly quick. Is the performance gain for having 2 in Raid0 justifiable for the cost?
  9. TimeParadoX

Damn that mobo is really good, If I ever get real rich i'll buy that :haha:

And for the 2 HDDs in a Raid0 form would really boost your gaming experienced because if you get 2 7200RPM ( cheaper ones ) that is
    2x7200 = 14400 which is really good :)
  10. Cpt_Subtext

Sweet check the new specs in the first post....... shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :) lol
  11. TimeParadoX

S**t! Why dont you just buy a Voodoo? :haha:

12. Cpt_Subtext

Because ive found a great company that will allow me to build it myself, offer a finance option of buy now pay in 9 months, are cheaper than most online retailers and have a great one year warranty that can be extended if the need be and all parts are covered by extended or lifetime garuntee's by the manufacturers! :)
  13. TimeParadoX

Ahh ok :D

Well newegg is the coolest because they ship in like 2-3 days and BAM! you can build a awesome computer then be Headshoting all the people in BF2142 :)
  14. Cpt_Subtext

I cant wait to get this new system of mine, im sure things will keep changing between now and Febuary but when I get her running like the nuke toting psycho she is going to be we shall meet for some online noob beating! :D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.