How accurate is System Requirements lab?

By mg33
Jan 21, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. System Requirements lab is a website that analyzes your computer and tells whether you can run a specific game or not. For those who use it, I was wondering how accurate it is because some games I choose ex bioshock, say that the minimum processor I should have to run Bioshock would be a 2.4MHz but I have a 1.8MHz processor. It says that my processor is a 1.8MHz but it also states that my processor is rated as a 3.10MHz. So I was wondering if I were to buy bioshock or any game that requires higher then a 1.8MHz processor, would I be able to run it since my processor is rated at a 3.10MHz level according to system requirements lab. I mean they say I meet the processor requirement for Bioshock even though I have a 1.8GHz processor. So basically are system Requirements lab results accurate?
  2. mg33

mg33 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 19

CPU Speed
    Recommended: 2.2 GHz
    You Have: 1.81 GHz Performance Rated at 3.10 GHz

The above is what the system requirements lab says.
  3. thehacker

thehacker TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 176

Are you using a dual core or so?
    Mine says:
    You Have: 2.80 GHz Performance Rated at 5.04 GHz
    I am using a Pentium D 2.8Ghz. And I know, it shows 5.04 due to Dual Cores.
  4. mg33

mg33 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 19

nope I don't think so. I have AMD Sempron 3100+ 1.8GHz
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.