How can I bridge this network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexon13

OK so here is what im trying to do,

im trying to set up a second wireless router inside a warehouse to connect to the other wireless router that has an internet connection,

running a calble is out of the question because its already been run its just not hooked up properly and i need to get a router working in the midle of the warehouse for the machines that dont have a wireless card attached,

I have access to everything, the normal router ( which im not sure exactly what it is)
a Linksys broadband router model# BEFSR41
and a INEXQ dls/cable wireless router model # Isw054T

so to clarify i need to set up a second router to connect to the other router so i can connect the machines with out wireless cards.

Also im sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Get an Access Point rather than a Router.

Then setup in BRIDGE mode :)

id like too but im stuck with the resouces i have is it stil possible?
Sorry then -- what did you expect? You already said you can't get a wired solution, so wifi is the only alternative.

you *might* be able to get a router that supports bridge mode but that's the end of the road as I know it.

I only know of one way and one router that I have done that on. It was a Dell router. It have the ability to change is config from Router to acess point and open hub or extention. It works but it needed to be reset every once in awhile. Both sides. Check for routers that can change personalities.

forgot all about Ethernet over Power/AC ... but then you stated you were limited in
making additions ...
Code:
id like too but im stuck with the resouces i have is it stil possible?
Go for this; it's a good choice but remember to encrypt the channel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back