how can i decrease my ping in command and conquer renegade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am playing the game in 30-40 player servers with 400-500 ping when the player number is few for example 7-8 players i am playing with 200-300 ping but i would like to play the game in 30-40 player servers with 200-300 ping(maximum 300)how can i do this
there is a console command net_update_rate what is this command and how does it work must ı write a value after net_update_rate for example net_update_rate 100
if ı must write a value what is the best net_update_rate value for 128/32 adsl modem i am connecting from turkey
in unreal tournament 2004 there is a console command netspeed 2600 when i write this command i play the game with 200 ping
is there a console command like this in command and conquer renegade for decreasing my ping
there is a console command set_bw_budget_out what is this command and what is the best value for this command
is this command effective for decreasing my ping
please answer my questions thanks everybody

Like I said in a similair thread:

Soul Harvester said:
The amount of available bandwidth you have (In this case, 1200/300 down/up) has almost nothing (let me repeat: almost nothing to do with your PING time (latency).

It is almost entirely dependant on the hardware involved, the physical line (medium) being used, and, most importantly, the distance, not always physical but electrical, between you and the server you are connecting to.

There is very little you can do to improve your PING, especially when it is already falling into a normal range. 50ms is absolutely excellent for online play, you should consider yourself lucky.

The PING displayed in UT and other FPS games is not accurate; the only real accurate ping is the one you see from the ping command. You cannot do much to improve your ping as it is out of your hands.

There are many network and system tweaks which can improve your own machine, as well as let your machine handle the network more efficiently, but there is no magic wand which can improve your ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back