How can I get around a print server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dreck

How can I get around a print server?

I have a cheap usb Lexmark X1150 printer. In past I installed this printer to my server pc. Sharing the printer with the network.

I would like to share the printer with the network without using the server pc or a print server.

What I would like to do is use a USB to ethernet adapter, attaching my printer to my Dlink DI-624 router.

I don't have a the adapter yet...

Will this work?

Any help or other ideas would be great.

Thanks.

Highly unlikely unless this is some peripheral from Lexmark. You'll either have to have something connected to the printer (a computer with an OS) or a print server. Something has to actually "share" the printer out and know how to handle your print jobs.

LNCPapa said:
Highly unlikely unless this is some peripheral from Lexmark. You'll either have to have something connected to the printer (a computer with an OS) or a print server. Something has to actually "share" the printer out and know how to handle your print jobs.

Exactly.

The USB to Ethernet connectors I've seen only work to add another ethernet port to a pc or laptop. They don't work with something that you cannot install a device on (such as a router).

Ok,

I guess ill have to break down and buy a print server. :(

Thanks for the quick replys,

dreck

SMC Print server password to be broken

I have got a SMC Print server , some one has played a mischief and put a password. Is there any way i can break the password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back