How can I get around a print server?

By dreck
Dec 18, 2004
  1. How can I get around a print server?

I have a cheap usb Lexmark X1150 printer. In past I installed this printer to my server pc. Sharing the printer with the network.

I would like to share the printer with the network without using the server pc or a print server.

What I would like to do is use a USB to ethernet adapter, attaching my printer to my Dlink DI-624 router.

I don't have a the adapter yet...

Will this work?

Any help or other ideas would be great.

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

Highly unlikely unless this is some peripheral from Lexmark. You'll either have to have something connected to the printer (a computer with an OS) or a print server. Something has to actually "share" the printer out and know how to handle your print jobs.
  3. HoopaJoop

HoopaJoop TS Rookie Posts: 90

The USB to Ethernet connectors I've seen only work to add another ethernet port to a pc or laptop. They don't work with something that you cannot install a device on (such as a router).
  4. dreck

dreck Topic Starter

I guess ill have to break down and buy a print server. :(

Thanks for the quick replys,

5. Linus

Linus TS Rookie

SMC Print server password to be broken

I have got a SMC Print server , some one has played a mischief and put a password. Is there any way i can break the password
  6. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Try to do a hardware reset, this should put the unit back in its factory-state.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.