How can i reformat my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its win xp thats ez

put your xp cd in the drive and boot to it

just to make sure if you dont know how to boot to it reboot then start pressing f8 till you see a screen that says somthing like cd/dvd hdd network

select cd/dvd then when it says press any key to boot to cd, press any key

then you will see a blue screen (not the dreaded bsod) that will load some drivers

follow the instructions and your on your way.

hope this helped

shacalilung, BEFORE you re-format, is there anything that you "need off that HD"?... If so, there's a program that will help you transfer it to another drive before you WIPE your HD.
>>> Now, if you don't need anything... then once that cd has started to boot, you're going to see it "install initial drivers" followed by an "end-user agreement". When this comes up, just hit the F8 key to continue. Your next major choice will be to DELETE CURRENT PARTITION (this will completely wipe all traces of info off the HD). You may have to hit the "L" key to confirm. Your next one will ask if you want to CREATE A PARTITION USING *FAT-16* or *NTFS*, choose FULL FORMAT USING NTFS. Once this process finishes successfully, your system will start installing the *new OS* and the rest is pretty much "prompted" through. Let me know how it goes, good luck :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back