How can I tell what tv card I can use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browncoat

I'm look for a tv card to buy, but I don't want to waste money and buy one that I can't use. My co-worker says I have an express, but I'm not sure. How can I tell? I want to get one so I can play my ps2 and use my laptop as the tv.

^ Yeh.. depends on what you want and where you can place it.

Two more common types of hardware you can get for TV tuners are USB/External based and Internal PCI etc. I think this is self-explanatory.

Then the second bit is analogue, digital or HDTV and if you want to be able to connect another device too capture..

Few TV card makers/brands:
www.twinhan.com
Happauge
Pinnacle

soo.. what do you need and whats your budget?

Internal PCI is what I'm talking about, and the usb tv card I'm not sure if it's going to run smoothly with what I want to do with it. I want to play my playstation 2 games on my laptop, if you get what I'm saying. Plus it's like $130 on newegg.com, and I'm not going to spend that much on what might work. I have express PCI from what I'm told, and there are no cards out now that support it. Not that I'm aware of.

if you only want to play your PS2 on your laptop and don't think that you'll be watching any sort of free-to-air tv on it then just get a video capture card or similar..

more specifically you're looking for cards that have a composite/s-video in then just hook your audio to the sound card or stereo..

laptops don't use PCI cards (to my knowledge, although tech changes..), i think you meant PCMCIA?

USB should be fine, as long as you're using your USB2.0 ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back