How can i view chinese programs on a english xp computer correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

o0 o 0 o o0

Ok i can view chinese fonts correctly like webpages and emails, but when i download a chinese program which is originally chinese (simplified or traditional) all the characters are just garbage.
I have already installed fonts via control panel, but chinese programs just dont display correctly, is there a way to fix this.

As far as I know, there is nothing you can do about it aside from getting the Chinese version of XP.

I have heard that Vista will be able to switch the user interface to various languages, but XP (as far as I know) can not do this.

Note: the opposite in XP works fine. If you have Chinese XP, you can install ANY English software no problem. XP chinese version is built on top of the English version so all English software works. But the English version has no idea what Chinese characters are, and just messes them all up.

Paying $49.- for a program that allows you to view Chinese stuff is a lot cheaper than having to buy a Chines version of XP!
Come on cheapskates, support the program-makers, they've done an honest job!

I wonder if anyone has tried this…Start – Settings – Control Panel – Regional & Language Options – Languages Tab…You’ll need your Windows XP CD to install the supplemental language support.

i can view chinese programs now go to start>control panel>regional and Language options>click on Advance tab on the top the select a language in the below Langua for non-Unicode Programs.then restart ur pc
it should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back