How can i view chinese programs on a english xp computer correctly

By o0 o 0 o o0
Feb 25, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok i can view chinese fonts correctly like webpages and emails, but when i download a chinese program which is originally chinese (simplified or traditional) all the characters are just garbage.
    I have already installed fonts via control panel, but chinese programs just dont display correctly, is there a way to fix this.
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,565

As far as I know, there is nothing you can do about it aside from getting the Chinese version of XP.

I have heard that Vista will be able to switch the user interface to various languages, but XP (as far as I know) can not do this.

Note: the opposite in XP works fine. If you have Chinese XP, you can install ANY English software no problem. XP chinese version is built on top of the English version so all English software works. But the English version has no idea what Chinese characters are, and just messes them all up.
  3. transviruses

transviruses Newcomer, in training Posts: 67

i have the same problem of viewing chinese programs.
  4. o0 o 0 o o0

o0 o 0 o o0 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Well is there a way to actualy install a chinese viewer so EVRYTHING displays correctly.
  5. o0 o 0 o o0

o0 o 0 o o0 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

6. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Paying $49.- for a program that allows you to view Chinese stuff is a lot cheaper than having to buy a Chines version of XP!
    Come on cheapskates, support the program-makers, they've done an honest job!
  7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

confuscious say: man who do business in china deal with great firewall
  8. peepnklown

peepnklown Newcomer, in training Posts: 136

I wonder if anyone has tried this…Start – Settings – Control Panel – Regional & Language Options – Languages Tab…You’ll need your Windows XP CD to install the supplemental language support.
  9. transviruses

confuscious say: Uuuu go to jail! bad boy!!! <---from russel peters
  10. transviruses

i can view chinese programs now go to start>control panel>regional and Language options>click on Advance tab on the top the select a language in the below Langua for non-Unicode Programs.then restart ur pc
    it should work
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.