How do I become more than just a newcomer?

Just get at least 50 posts
Just make them good ones, don't do what i did when i first came here, posting rubbish that was contributing nothing

I don't think he's ever going to make it. His last post was 4 days ago, and prior to that he was posting pretty often. Plus what kind of newb asks 'how the hell'? when discussing 'rank' on a forum.

Posing increases your stature

Fourms Guidelines said:
First titles given to users are managed by the forum software and are based on your post count:

Newcomer in training: Self-explanatory.

TechSpot Member: Registered members with 50+ posts.

TechSpot Enthusiast: Registered members with 350+ posts.

TechSpot Booster: Registered members with 600+ posts.

TechSpot Addict: Registered members with 950+ posts.

TechSpot Maniac: Registered members with 1400+ posts.

TechSpot Guru: Registered members with 2000+ posts.

TechSpot Evangelist: Registered members with 3000+ posts.

This second tier of user titles is given manually:

TechSpot Paladin: “A strong supporter or defender of a cause”. In order to qualify for the Paladin title, a user must have been registered to the forums for at least 1 year and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Paladin title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot Chancellor: In order to qualify for this title, the user must have been registered to the forums for at least 2 years and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Chancellor title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot Ambassador: In order to qualify for this title, a user must have been registered to the forums for at least 3 years and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Ambassador title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TS Special Forces, TechSpot Elite: These titles are reserved for our board moderators and staff members, respectively. Whenever you come across members designated with either title, you should know they are authorities within the site and should be treated with respect. Moderators keep the boards clean from spammers, and otherwise undesired users. Staff members are those editors and admins who help keep the site up to date on a daily basis. Feel free to bring any administrative questions to our attention in the Site Feedback forum, we will be glad to help.

Hope this helps!

Um... Mr. God of Mana, I think something's a bit iffy with your list, as I'm a TechSpot Enthusiast member, and I have only about 164 posts, way below 350+...

That's because the number of qualifying posts for each title was changed maybe a year or so ago. Keep in mind this thread is close to 3.5 years old.

For the current list and number of posts required for each, see here: https://www.techspot.com/vb-faq.html

Even though this topic area is very old, I would personally like to point something out to the original poster, if he's even still around!?!

Remember my friend, it's not about the destination or what rank you are on a forum, it's more so about the journey, not the destination!

I may just be talking to the wind here seeing this thing is so old, but just chill out, relax and enjoy the brother & sisterhood here. And don't worry yourself about fancy titles by your forum name!

Journey = Priceless

Fancy rank title = No more journey

I was wondering my self... how do you get those fancy ranks? Like ruler of the universe? Lol, really curious. :p

I was wondering my self... how do you get those fancy ranks? Like ruler of the universe? Lol, really curious. :p

That OROTU to you Abe:p:wave:
I think its two years in good standing and 3000+ posts if memory serves. I think the custom title option is at the discretion of management. This is from memory so grain of salt thing.

Above a certain rank and/or length of service they enabled the ability to edit your own custom title
Gotta get to work then! I have a title in mind, :p (still a long way though)

That OROTU to you Abe
I think its two years in good standing and 3000+ posts if memory serves. I think the custom title option is at the discretion of management. This is from memory so grain of salt thing.

Speaking of ruler of the universe, when I wrote that, I was thinking of a dude who has that title! I couldn't remember though until you replied here. So it was you. :)

Just to confirm Red's post, folks registered for 2+ years with 3,000+ posts get the ability to set a custom title. Sometimes we flip the switch early for highly active members who eat all their vegetables and play nice with other kids in the sandbox. See the bottom of this page for more information: https://www.techspot.com/vb-faq.html

You can get detailed information here

https://www.techspot.com/vb-faq.html

Basically there are two tiers

1) Automatic Updation of Title based upon the number of posts

2) A tier of titles given manually on a per-user basis, usually based on merit and seniority.

Do note the following for the second tier:

a) The member must have remained in good standing for a specified period of time

b) It is not guaranteed you will be given the title by just fulfilling the basic requirements.

If a person gets banned (for any reason whatsoever), he can say goodbye to the good standing.:)

Just a question, If your account gets banned, could you still get that account back? Or is it forever gone?

I could be mistaken about this....but it has been my observation that it is at least long term semi permanent.

Outside of spammers, we rarely ban accounts on a permanent basis, and even then, they can be unbanned with the flip of a switch. Bans are usually issued temporarily (one to three days) as a warning for repeatedly violating our community guidelines -- and frankly, even that's uncommon. If I had to guess, I'd say I've issued maybe five temp bans in the last year.

Outside of spammers, we rarely ban accounts on a permanent basis, and even then, they can be unbanned with the flip of a switch. Bans are usually issue temporarily (one to three days) as a warning for repeatedly violating our community guidelines -- and frankly, even that's uncommon. If I had to guess, I'd say I've issued maybe five temp bans in the last year.

See Matthew...I had you covered...and you screwed it up :p

Back