how do i boot a toshiba satellite pro 430 cdt in safe mode???

By FATBOYZ
Mar 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basically i have had a clean install of windows 98se put onto the new 4o gig h/d and its missing a few drivers! i have added some of the drivers but the screen is only usiong half the area of the vga screen!(it has a black border around the whole screen. i have tried to play about with the screnn size in the display section and i have made the screen size 800x600 and now the laptop boots up but all i get is a black screen! and i can here the boot up screen music so i know it is booting! but is there anyway i can go into the o/s via safe mode and change the screen display???? or if i boot in safe mode will it be a black screen again????
  2. dopefisher

dopefisher Newcomer, in training Posts: 540

to get into safe mode keep tapping F8 when your computer starts up. this will bring up the menu for windows startup options. i don't know if it will work in your case, but it doesn't hurt to try!
  3. FATBOYZ

FATBOYZ Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

cheers pal worked a treat!!!!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.