How do I change my IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludwig

Well I had this IP address for a while and I've been on lots of sites and games..

Today norton was acting up for the first time... I got 3 attempt hacks into my computer.. As norton said.. But the odd part is that it's 3 differnt people who tried.. or 3 differnt computers or just changing IP addresses.. I realy dunno.. Just know that theres 3 differnt attacks within 1 hour or less part..

So how would I go abouts changing my ip address? I somehow did it before.. Or unless it does it after a while..

These were the "attacks" Norton bothered to tell you about.. It is normal for any device connected to the internet to constantly get bombarded by random probes. This is why you keep your software up to date and use a firewall.

If i were you I wouldn't worry about it. It would sort of help if you actually told us what kind of attacks they were of course.

The possibility to get a new address depends on your internet connection. Post the details here if you really insist on it.

If you have a static IP adress your ISP will change it for you, like Nodsu said its gonna happen anyway...best practice is to protect your self...

If your NIS has detected an attack, it will disable incomming traffic for 30 minutes from the source IP address.
There's nothing wrong with your IP. If you're impatient to continue playing your
game(s), you might reboot and maybe NIS will drop the specific block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back