TechSpot

How do I delete old isp programmes

By Dave H
Dec 8, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone, please can someone help me I have changed my ISP, I have deleted the old Virgin media in control panel and installed my new ISP but when i right click on an Icon on my desk top I get a message box stating 'Pc gaurd installing' (provided by old ISP) this goes on for about 3 minutes then a box appears stating not found. I have tried to delete Pc Gaurd in the control pannel but I get a message stating 'being used by another programme,unable to delete' I do not have the disc provided by my old ISP and I have tried deleting in safe mode. Can anyone help or do I need the old disc?.
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Click start, run, type services.msc and see if you can disable it.
  3. Dave H

Dave H Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 81

Its not listed

Hya Rik, I have done as you say but Pc gaurd is not listed. i have tried again to right click on a desk top icon and what it actually says is' please wait windows is configuring Pc gaurd this lasts about 3 minutes then a box appears and says 'the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk please insert' When I go to the add/remove programmes in control panel Pc Gaurd is listed but when i click on the remove button nothing happens. If i list file and folders I get the message as previously stated in my first thread. (unable to delete in use by another programme) I could live with it but it is annoying as I right click alot to open files and folders and having to wait all the time.
  4. Rik

OK, is looks like the software is gone but it's reg keys arent.

Have a look here Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the instructions for combofix only. Post it's log as an ATTACHMENT, do not cut and paste it. I will hopefully be able to see the root cause of your problem in said log.
  5. Dave H

6. Rik

That is not the log i asked for, it's from Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68. I asked for a combofix log as combofix shows reg keys. Deckard's scanner doesn't.
  7. Dave H

Rik re ISP programmes

Ok Rik I have to post in security forum will do now
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.