How do I delete old isp programmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave H

Hi everyone, please can someone help me I have changed my ISP, I have deleted the old Virgin media in control panel and installed my new ISP but when i right click on an Icon on my desk top I get a message box stating 'Pc gaurd installing' (provided by old ISP) this goes on for about 3 minutes then a box appears stating not found. I have tried to delete Pc Gaurd in the control pannel but I get a message stating 'being used by another programme,unable to delete' I do not have the disc provided by my old ISP and I have tried deleting in safe mode. Can anyone help or do I need the old disc?.

Its not listed

Hya Rik, I have done as you say but Pc gaurd is not listed. i have tried again to right click on a desk top icon and what it actually says is' please wait windows is configuring Pc gaurd this lasts about 3 minutes then a box appears and says 'the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk please insert' When I go to the add/remove programmes in control panel Pc Gaurd is listed but when i click on the remove button nothing happens. If i list file and folders I get the message as previously stated in my first thread. (unable to delete in use by another programme) I could live with it but it is annoying as I right click alot to open files and folders and having to wait all the time.

That is not the log i asked for, it's from Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68. I asked for a combofix log as combofix shows reg keys. Deckard's scanner doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back