How do I find it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadgyrl514

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but...... how do I find out what type the mother board and chipset are ? Do I have to take apart the comp to find out, or is there a way to figure it out by checking some properties or something ?

I can't find the proper PCI MASS STORAGE CONTROLLER drivers if I dunno what mobo I have right ?

Click on the first link in my signature.

You`ll find a link to the free SIW programme. It`ll give you lot`s of info about your system.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks Howard

I'm downloading it now, we'll see how much it helps, thanks, I'll let u all know in a few mins what it is, then maybe someone can help me :grinthumb

okay..........

the cpu is a Pentium 3. and the mother board is made by some company who's wesite is written as http://www.abit.com.tw

BUT there's another thing that says (other storage controllers) and that's by a company called HighPoint Technologies.

So........

Do I look for controllers from the motherboard company or the highpoint one ?

You can get all the drivers from the abit website, but you first need to know what model number your motherboard is. I don't have that SIW software installed in my system so I can't tell you exactly where it is, but it probably tells you in there somewhere. Actually, I am sure it does. It has to. It must. It should....

Once you know your motherboard model number, go to that abit website, find your motherboard and follow the links to the drivers download page. Likely the storage controller drivers you are looking for are included in the chipset drivers.

k, did that, but there's no place on there for drivers for this board, according to this board, its a discontinued model

and the mass storage controller is a highpoint, and it says HPt366, but yet I can't find that anywhere

I wouldn't mess with the BIOS unless you know that you have a problem with your BIOS. Even then be careful. You potentially could do serious, irreparable damage to the motherboard if the BIOS flashing goes wrong.

what are needing

sadgyrl514 said:
So then I just download the modo drivers ?

(I'm so confused ! :( )

Unless I missed it, you haven't said what your problem(s) is/are. What are ya tring to fix? Or just update? :confused:
PS: don't be sad-there's lotsa help here. :grinthumb

Ma bad, I thought my old post was still up, but I don't see it, so I'll explain again.

I was looking at the device manager, and I seen that there was a thing that said PCI MASS STORAGE CONTROLLER (its written twice)

So someone on here had told me I needed a driver for my motherboard in order for it to work properly.

I'm STILL confused as to what exactly the storage controller is and how updating the driver to the motherboard will fix the problem of the controller, but that's why i'm here, I need help.

So that's what I'm trying to fix.

oh yea....... also, in the performance tab when i go to check my system resources and stuff it says drive c is using compatability mode. Which I'm told is cause of the controllers not working properly.

In the very first post, she/he mentioned the mass storage controller driver. I think that is buried in the chipset drivers.

Sadgyrl, are you SURE you found the right page for your motherboard model? Can you tell us what that model number is, and what page you are considering downloading from so we can help you to confirm?

more info

DonNagual said:
In the very first post, she/he mentioned the mass storage controller driver. I think that is buried in the chipset drivers.

Sadgyrl, are you SURE you found the right page for your motherboard model? Can you tell us what that model number is, and what page you are considering downloading from so we can help you to confirm?

My fault, Don- I sometimes skim when I should scan!

Also, gyrl- what OS are you running? M$ lists lots of fixes concerning "compatibility mode," most related to OS recognition of hard drive size. :confused:

hewybo said:
My fault, Don- I sometimes skim when I should scan!

Hey, I am the WORST at this. In another forum I am in, I have been accussed more than once of being drunk while posting, when I don't even drink. :giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :suspiciou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back