TechSpot

How do I force delete a file no matter what significance?

By Alpha Dragon
Apr 8, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't care if this file is the catalyst to run my entire OS. I want it gone.

- The file is called spyware_blocker_defs_b462
    - Properties show it is .exe, but it does not act like one
    - It is just nothing but a bunch of useless spyware definitions
    - I downloaded from earthlink site, but I will not be using their spyware program
    - When I attempt to delete this program an error message states the program is in use by another person or program and that I need to shut down the program running it
    - I have no idea what program is running/depending on it
    - I tried MOVING the file into 2 other directories, where it copied itself (didn't act like a cut'n'paste) and now those copies cannot be deleted
    - The file cannot be renamed :eek:

As I say, I do not care how important this file is. It is junk, I would like it perma deleted. Is there anything I can do? Thx.

---Edit---

I do not see a way to remove my post, as I never thought I would have found a solution so quickly, or at all. I guess I just got lucky and found a good program, one that is redicously powerful I might add :slurp: . Anyways, I used Dr. Delete 1.1. The 2 copied files were deleted using the 'delete file by DOS command.' That was my original intent but it is a pain, yet this program made it pathetically easy. But the original copy of the file was even more stubborn, so I had Dr. Delete expunge the file upon start up...PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.