TechSpot

How do I get back desktop icon on Quick Launch toolbar ?

By robertq
Feb 12, 2006
  1. Somehow I lost the desktop short cut icon from my Quick Launch toolbar on the taskbar.

How do I get it back ?

Thanks

2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

If you are referring to the show desktop icon,then look here - http://www.dougknox.com/tips/showdesktop.htm It`s fairly straightforward as long as you save the file exactly as "Show Desktop.scf " without the quotes.

If you mean any shortcut,right click on the program,folder,or file that you want a shortcut for,select"send to desktop",then drag the new shortcut onto your quick launch bar.

3. robertq

robertq TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 95

I want to access the "desktop" ( "Show Desktop" ) from quick launch toolbar and not a program or file or folder. Usually there is an icon for "Show desktop" by default in the quick launch toolbar. I am not sure if I am expressing my question in a right way.

Right now to do that I have right click on the taskbar and select "Show Desktop" to see the desktop. Instead, I just want to have an icon for that so that I can see the desktop in a single click.

Thank you.

4. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Take another look at the first part of my post. :grinthumb

5. robertq

robertq TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 95

Thank you so much. I had saved it with a full stop after "Show Desktop.scf." so it was just opening the that notepad file only.

Then I took that full stop off & it works now.

Really appreciate your kind help.

Thank you again.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.