How do I get back desktop icon on Quick Launch toolbar ?

By robertq
Feb 12, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somehow I lost the desktop short cut icon from my Quick Launch toolbar on the taskbar.

How do I get it back ?

Thanks
  2. Peddant

Peddant Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,644

If you are referring to the show desktop icon,then look here - http://www.dougknox.com/tips/showdesktop.htm It`s fairly straightforward as long as you save the file exactly as "Show Desktop.scf " without the quotes.

If you mean any shortcut,right click on the program,folder,or file that you want a shortcut for,select"send to desktop",then drag the new shortcut onto your quick launch bar.
  3. robertq

robertq Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 117

I want to access the "desktop" ( "Show Desktop" ) from quick launch toolbar and not a program or file or folder. Usually there is an icon for "Show desktop" by default in the quick launch toolbar. I am not sure if I am expressing my question in a right way.

Right now to do that I have right click on the taskbar and select "Show Desktop" to see the desktop. Instead, I just want to have an icon for that so that I can see the desktop in a single click.

Thank you.
  4. Peddant

Peddant Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,644

Take another look at the first part of my post. :grinthumb
  5. robertq

robertq Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 117

Thank you so much. I had saved it with a full stop after "Show Desktop.scf." so it was just opening the that notepad file only.

Then I took that full stop off & it works now.

Really appreciate your kind help.

Thank you again.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.