How do I get rid of Infostealer.Gampass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Norton software is expired, but performs scans. Recently it's picked up a threat called infostealer.gampass. I have the free version of avast!, and it hasn't notified me of any threats. Is this serious, or is it a bogus alarm to scare me into renewing my subscription? If it is serious, how do I get rid of it? I'm practically a neanderthal so patience and simplified step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You're asking for a headache with two anti-virus applications installed. If Norton is no longer subscribed and you don't intend on paying for another subscription, uninstall it. Secondly, ensure your new anti-virus application is up to date with it's signatures.

You might want to take a look at this thread...

First a little something about infostealer.gampass:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2006-111201-3853-99

Second: Get rid of Norton, the majority of users here will agree with me. Its absolutely ridiculous to charge users for updates in this day and age! You can get something a lot better. Also, almost all Norton products are poorly written, they take up an extensive amount of system resources then they should. Slowing down most systems. With each norton release there products just get more bloated. Its just not worth it. There are a lot better alternatives out there. I recommend AVG which is FREE and has unlimited amount of updates... FREE! Others will recommend other AV products for you. But I been using AVG for years and haven't had any problems with it.

www.grifsoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back