How do i get this compaq case off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky

I feel like an ***** for asking this. But I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm supposed to get the case of off this old compaq presario 5724.
It's one of the ones with the funny face in the front with doors over the drive bays.

There's no side panel to take off. The top and both sides seem to be all one piece.
I'm worried that if I just starting untightening screws in the back then parts inside will start dropping.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

This should help http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ory&query=presario 5724&dlc=en&product=93589# follow steps 1-4 and maybe 5 if you want the front cover off. Even though it doesnt look like your system in the picture it should be the same since I punched in your model number and then click case and it came up this even though I know your model is white and shaped differently.

By the way 1-4,5 under opening the case, not the top of the page scrool down till its says #2

Thanks but there is no side panel. I'm not a pro but I've never seen anything like it. The top and both sides are all one piece that somehow fit over the whole thing.

I'm glad you got it off. Sorry I coudlnt help, I couldnt find a back picture of the case for that model since most cases are either 2 number screws or philps screws. Or one thumb screw and one latch at the side below or above the screw or nothing and just one latch at the top.

Told you, I remember I had one back in day when I was 6 and it required that you take the whole case off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back