How do I know which Device Driver caused an Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moody_99

Dear All

I have been recieving the following Error message on Winxp.

Error Signature: be BCP1: 804FC6E4 BCP2: 004FC121 BCP3:F5FB8A4
BCP4: 0000000B 0SVER: 5_1_2600 SP:0_0 PRODUCT:768_1

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

The following files will be included in this error report.

C:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP\MINI05304-01.DMP
C:\DOCUMENTS~1\OWNER\LOCAL~1\TEMPWER1.TMP.DIR00\SYSDATA.XML.

Error Caused by a Device Driver

Thank you for submitting an error report. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with specific information about how to resolve this problem at this time. The information that you and other users submit will be used to investigate this problem.

Analysis

A device driver installed on your system caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause.

Getting Help

Depending on which situation is applicable to you, do one of the following:

If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your system, the problem might be caused by the driver for the device. If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
Some software, such as firewall and anti-virus software, also installs drivers. If this problem occurred after you installed new software, the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem. If you know the manufacturer of the software, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
If you don't know the driver's manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.
Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update Web site. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update.
For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services.
You can track this error report by clicking the Track this error report link. If you choose to track your error report, you will be notified of resolutions to this problem as they are identified.

Track this error report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Technical Information

How to Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver Problems in Windows XP (Q322205)
URL:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322205

How do I work out which device driver is causing the problem?
I have tried using SISoftware Sandra but can't located the problem.

Does anyone about this error?

I am grateful for any advice.

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

What devices do you have? Usually this kind of errors happen because of soundcard or graphics card drivers, although it can, of course, be other devices too.

If you'd get a blue screen from this error (Blue Screen of Death), it should tell the driver's file name, unless you've set the computer to boot automatically so that you don't have time to read it.

More details might also be available in Event Viewer.

Error be = ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, as far as I know.

Welcome to techspot;
It is always best to fill out your profile and give some specifics when you post more of the guys will help.
Am I correct in assuming you are running Xp? If so that error message says your O/S has no service Packs.If that is true I would update at Micrososft .That may in fact solve your driver issue.

Dear Liquid Len

I apologise for not filling in my profile. My error just happens quite to often and the system just restarts itself. No blue screen or whatsoever.

After the restart I recieve the error message.

I am running Windows XP HE. I had to re-install after the same problem. no internet connection and nothing was working. Everytime I go to Log on screen it just restarted again and again.

After a clean installation the same is happening all over again.

Telling us what you were doing when the error occured would be a great help. It could help determine what driver caused the problem.

In regirtry set HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl\AutoReboot to 0. No more automatic reboots. The BSOD kindly tells you what driver it crashed in.

Dear StormBringer

I was just installing all the diffrent programs that I needed. I can't remember at what point the error messages started from.

I was just too busy trying to keep my system teh way I wanted.

I have downloaded and installed SP1. I have change the registry by setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl
\AutoReboot to 0.

The problem back even after installing WIN XP SP1

The problem is back.

This time I have recived a "Blue Screen of Death".

Here is what it said:

The problem seems to be caused by the following file:

iesprt.sys

Technical information:

STOP: 0x000000BE (0x80502648, 0x0052121, 0xee268BA4,
0x0000000B)

iesprt.sys - Adress FA344443 base at FA344000 DATESTAMP 408eb71a

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

How do I find out what program this file belongs to?

I have done a search on the net and came up with nothing.
Please help someone.

sounds like a driver file. I did a search on my machines and its not present on any of them, so I don't know what driver for certain. Check the Driver details of your hardware in device manager to find out what it belongs to. Then try removing and reinstalling the drivers for that device, or even using a different version.

Dear StormBringer

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am using Windows XP.

But how can I use Device Manager to work out what driver the file
iesprt.sys belongs to?

I know how to access device manager but just confused about how to connect the file to specific driver.

Open Device Manager, then view the properties of a piece of hardware and click "driver details". Check for a listing of that file. Repeat for each device until you locate it.

Dear Stormbringer

I have been through every device driver twice but can't find that file.

I have noticed that my printyer is not listed on the Device Driver. I own a Samsung ML4500 Printer. But when I go to Control panel and under Printers it is listed.

When I switch the printer on I get a bubble saying found new hardware Samsung ML4500.

How do I work out if the file is linked to this device?

Dear StormBringer

I have the original Driver disk from Samsung that came with the printer. I have removed and re-installed but it still is not listed on the device manager.

Open System Information. Go to software enviroment->System drivers and look at th file column for all drivers installed.

Also, find that file in your system, right click and choose properties. Look at the version tab.

I did a quick google web search for that driver(iesprt.sys) .It took me to 4 sites 1 Russian and 3 Spanish .My Spanish is very crusty ,but It looks like it relates to Messenger.I wonder if you have the latest updates for Internet Explorer. I was reading these last updates fix a number of issues with Security and including restarts(Rare)
You said you were loading applications by chance did you download any ? Maybe bad downloads Or did you load some app with Messenger running?

Dear Nodsu

how do I get to the software environment?

I have tried everything but can't find it. I found the details in help and support but no mention of where to find it.

Right click My computer >Manage > System Info > Software ENvironment ( This is Win2K ,just adjust for XP)

Dear LiquidLen

I have downloaded SP1 for WIndows XP. I was still having this problem before I downloaded it.

I have windows Messenger which is disabled. I did download when Messenger said that I needed to upgrade to newer version MSN Messenger 6.2 which is on my system right now.
MSN Messenger seems to be working fine and no errors.

This is a virus

This is a little stinker of a virus. A friend of mine kept getting the same exact error message concerning the iesprt.sys (datestamp) with the 0x000000BE BSOD. After doing some investigating it was a virus. Unfortunately, it was found in June of 2004, while you got this error message in May.

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=39315
Virus Information Center
Win32.PSW.Banker.B

Category: Win32

Also known as: PWS-Banker (McAfee), Win32/PWS.Banker.Trojan, TrojanDownloader.Win32.Small.kn (Kaspersky)

Also Check out Symantec
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/pwsteal.banker.b.html

driver

Nodsu, I have the same problem with the blue screen of death.What I have a problem with is finding the registry to change the settings. Thank you.

Dear cheyzac To access the registry editor click start click run type regedit click ok That opens the Registry Editor

My pc just crashed again.It came up with a notice that said ( file corrupt or missing) Windows root system 32 ntoskrln.exe .Can anyone out there enlighten me on what this means & where I can get the file? Thanks.

driver device errors

Hi
I am having all sorts of problems with windows xp service pack 2, blue screens etc. I am aware that some of my drivers are working in conflict and I have run several of the free trial software packages to establish which drivers need updating. I don't mind paying for the software but am not sure which one is the best to buy. Any ideas as I am pulling my hair out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back