How do I log on as an Administrator - Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

themitchguy

I've been to multiple other site telling me steps on how to access the real Administrator account, but none of them work, since I don't have the "Local Users and Groups" option under the "System Tools" in Computer Management. Also, pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter doesn't work in cmd, another tip people said to try. If there's any way to get the administrator account, I really need it, I can barely do anything on my Vista I installed.. Any help?

You didn't set up this Vista computer? Create a new account with full Administrator rights. Under USER Accounts

I in fact did set up this computer, and under User Accounts there's no option to create another account, since my so-called administrator account doesn't have those rights.

So there is no option to manage another account? Automatically you should have been set up with full Administrator rights. Is this copy of Vista legal and activated? No virus or malware infection?

nope I ordered it from Microsoft - the system set me up with an "administrator" account, but it restricts me from almost everything

Format the drive and reinstall Vista fresh, paying great attention to the install process. There is no way this is a hardware fault. It has to be a software issue, either in the Vista setup or with another program interferring with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back